PDA

View Full Version : Manning Website

FFP
17th Nov 2009, 22:32
I'm at a loss (which doesn't take much)

There's a website, so I'm told, that gives you all kinds of manning stuff. I think this is the link

www.manning.raf.r.mil.uk

But I can't get to it from my computer and the address doesn't look right with that .r. in the middle.

Is it an intranet thing or am I using the wrong address or does nobody care about it anyways :E

And if you have used it, is it worth me spending this time to get onto it ?

Thanks as always

FFP

Melchett01
17th Nov 2009, 22:42
The r means it is a restricted network - you have to be in the office to get to the site. You can't access it from your home pc.

Runaway Gun
17th Nov 2009, 23:29
FFP, send me a PM if you like and I can check it out for you tomorrow.

FFP
17th Nov 2009, 23:33
Thanks Melchett. Makes sense. That'll explain it.
PM on it's way Rway Gun

Blighter Pilot
18th Nov 2009, 06:37
You could always try

www.blatantliesandcompleteshafting.raf.mod.uk (http://www.blatantliesandcompleteshafting.raf.mod.uk)

or, if no joy:-

www.careermanagement.youarehavingalaugh.raf.mod.uk (http://www.careermanagement.youarehavingalaugh.raf.mod.uk)

:ok:

talk_shy_tall_knight
18th Nov 2009, 08:09
FFP

It is indeed an intranet site, and as a very non-admin type myself, I have to say it is very useful.

orgASMic
18th Nov 2009, 08:22
It is about a useful as mammaries on a halibut. The spreadsheet of officer appointments is routinely out of date or just plain wrong:

It does not show the future availability of the jobs, it only shows the jobs that are currently filled and ignores the gapped ones.
The job descriptions are not consistent ie SATCO appointments are variously described as 'SATCO', 'OC ATC Sqn', 'OIC ATC and Fire Sqn', etc making accurate searches tricky.
You cannot search for all the 'any branch' jobs accurately as the branch of the incumbent is shown in some of them - there are lots of Ops Spt (Any) jobs out there, but these are inconsistently identified.
<Rant off>