PDA

View Full Version : Qf7523/qf7524

PRD Area
16th Nov 2009, 09:25
Hi All,

Was just wondering if QF7523/QF7524 was a service that is available to be used to get across the Tasman? I've been told that this flight is operated by QF crews (incl. a cabin crew member). I take it this is not available to the general public, but was wondering if anyone has some inside info?

I'm not an airline employee (GA Driver), but have a current ASIC if that counts for anything. If anyone knows about tagging along on this service please let me know (PM if you prefer). I'm expecting a snowflakes chance in hell's worth but any info is appreciated.

startingout
16th Nov 2009, 09:49
They are using from what I can see a Boeing 767-200 Freighter. So would probably have large doubts that you would be allowed to just hop on board. SO:ok:

startingout
16th Nov 2009, 09:51
This might help a little QANTAS FREIGHT LAUNCHES NEW TASMAN FREIGHTER OPERATION
SYDNEY, 9 June 2009: Qantas Freight announced today it would commence a new Boeing 767 freighter
operation between Australia and New Zealand on 15 June 2009*.
Executive Manager Qantas Freight Mr Stephen Cleary said the operation would enable Qantas to retain wide
body freight capacity on the route following the introduction of the Qantas Group’s new trans-Tasman
passenger schedule.

“For the first time customers in Christchurch will also have access to main deck freighter capacity.”
Mr Cleary said the B767-200 freighter would be wet-leased from global carrier Air Transport International (ATI)
and would operate Sydney – Auckland – Christchurch – Sydney overnight on Mondays, Tuesdays,
Wednesdays and Thursdays under flight numbers QF7523 and QF7524.
“The aircraft will have a payload of approximately 42 tonnes and will also be made available for charter work
and weekend rotations when demand exists,” he said.

rmcdonal
17th Nov 2009, 01:51
QF Crews? I thought it was a Yank team flying that one.

PRD Area
17th Nov 2009, 08:21
HAHAHAH nice one PRD Area:ok:

I myself have a valid GFPT - anyone know if i can tag along and pilot one of QF's A380's?

Yes WannabeQF, I wanted to personally pilot the aircraft across the Tasman with my uber flight sim skillz!!1!!!!111one.

I had heard that the aircraft was a regular pax 767 with a belly full of cargo, and combined with seeing the flight listed on the pax boards at AKL I thought there might be the off chance that a (very) limited pax load would be taken. Thanks everyone else for constructive responses.

an3_bolt
17th Nov 2009, 08:29
I had heard that the aircraft was a regular pax 767 with a belly full of cargo, and combined with seeing the flight listed on the pax boards at AKL I thought there might be the off chance that a (very) limited pax load would be taken. Thanks everyone else for constructive responses.

I think that may have been the case in the past. I also heard that they have 767 crews on assigned leave and with some 767 airframes hanging around whilst they got the US guys in to fly with their freighter. A bit hard to understand......

PyroTek
17th Nov 2009, 11:06
I myself have a valid GFPT - anyone know if i can tag along and pilot one of QF's A380's?
I wasn't aware you could fly "Heavy metal" with a GFPT... You seem to only fly 'heavy metal'..
Well what do i know?!:}:mad:

:ok:Pyro

NewZealand787
17th Nov 2009, 20:46
PRD, I used to be a flight attendant with QF and operated a couple of these out of Auckland. You're right, its just one cabin crew member. It was a hell of a shift, sign on at midnight, AKL - CHCH - SYD and then back to AKL as a normal service. On one of the flights I think we were carrying 40 tonnes of Paprika!! Was heaps of fun though, got to sit on the flight deck the whole time, and as a training pilot it was pretty much heaven. Sorry to say that theres no chance of going for a ride in one, QF are pretty non-neg on that. All the best mate

Howard Hughes
17th Nov 2009, 21:59
Mr Bolt is correct, that is a chartered aircraft using a Qantas callsign. As a a non QF employee, I can't see why Qantas has never bought it's own dedicated freighters, considering the amount of air freight going into/out of this country...:ok:

Keg
18th Nov 2009, 03:24
Howie, you know the answer to that. According to Jimmy Bow Tie there is simply no money in freight! :ugh: :rolleyes: :*

Rob, correct and still a bone of contention for those of us who have been assigned in excess of four months accrued annual leave this year.

Cougar
19th Nov 2009, 01:11
Do they use the N registered ATI B762F that seems to hang around SY alot now?

Ken Borough
19th Nov 2009, 07:57
assigned in excess of four months accrued annual leave this year.

Poor dears. :{:{

Off topic but this demonstrates very poor management. Annual leave is for R&R and the fact that people don't take it suggests that they don't need so much. Would you prefer to have to surrebnder untaken annual leave? That is, use it or lose it! As a matter of interest, how long did it take to accrue four months leave? Apart from the HR prespective, accrued leave is a charge on the balance sheet and does impact the companies bottom line.

an3_bolt
19th Nov 2009, 08:48
Annual leave is for R&R and the fact that people don't take it suggests that they don't need so much. Would you prefer to have to surrebnder untaken annual leave? That is, use it or lose it! As a matter of interest, how long did it take to accrue four months leave?

Ken - Sorry to spoil your party - shooting the wrong people me thinks. I am sure that some others may offer the past history of denied Long Service Leave, cancelled annual leave, short staffing issues etc etc.