PDA

View Full Version : Training elsewhere?

PJATE1
16th Nov 2009, 02:15
Hi,

I was wondering if future employees / Airlines / where ever you go, will look down on you jumping from one flight school to another? Say you get the license under the same authority (ie. the same CAA) it shouldn't be an issue, or should it?

I know a lot of guys are taking the modular way which, in turn, could make you go to many different training facilities. But - as I'm simply not very pleased with my current school I'm thinking about moving to another.

Does anyone have experience with this matter? Inputs much appreciated.

/Pjate1

profot
16th Nov 2009, 07:22
When I did my training I was advised to chop and change as little as possible.

I was told to at the very least complete the cpl and ir at the same establishment

I do not know how important it really is but I was advised this by a friend in the industry rather than a flying school

Also be careful of changing around, the grass always looks greener on the other side and rarely is

KAG
16th Nov 2009, 07:57
This is your money, you spend it where you want, you change as much as you want. It will take 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, or never until you make it to the airlines, you have plenty of time to fill in you resume after you graduate. And your resume is what is important, like your pic time, piston, turboprop, jet...

Remember: your money.