PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista - SP2

A2QFI
15th Nov 2009, 08:34
My computer has just offered me Vista SP2; as some past SPs have been a bit troublesome I'd welcome any opinions on whether this is one is good, neutral or bad! Thanks

green granite
15th Nov 2009, 09:03
I'd sack your computer if I were you as being too slow, it's taken 6 months to offer it to you. :E If you do decide to do it then download the update from MS and install it manually, much safer that letting auto-updates do it.

A2QFI
15th Nov 2009, 10:53
Thanks GG _ I have rejected the update - so far. I will make sure I have a restore point and give it a try.

piggybank
19th Nov 2009, 22:32
I am now back onto XP Home Edition, after trying Vista for a year. I pressed the allow update a bit too quickly for SP2 and regretted that immediately.

After download and install SP2 and restart it wanted to update my ASDL modem driver, which it could not find on the web, it left the driver corrupted. Install disk INF file not found when I tried that.

I decided to uninstall SP2 without the chance of even seeing how good it was, as I really need an Internet connection. At the same time I decided to go back to XP which recognized the modem and set up all the items needed in a few minutes.