PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air "Disaster"

Farrell
14th Nov 2009, 10:19
gulfnews : Plane crash drill triggers panic in Oman (http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/oman/plane-crash-drill-triggers-panic-in-oman-1.526987)

OW!

surely not
14th Nov 2009, 15:47
I wonder if this is connected with the cancellation of a similar exercise at Abu Dhabi until further notice...............

Hey Farrell, when are all the en-route ATC problems going to be sorted out in Oman? Do you have any inside info?

fractional
14th Nov 2009, 16:07
Residents were not forewarned about the drill so speculations ran rife
Regardless of its preliminary results and final conclusions, it's "kudos" WY :ok:.
Safety and security must be always regarded as primary seeling tools of any air operator anywhere in the world. Operators (management) must be the ones motivating staff to be alert on prevention rather than playing secondary roles and counting the losses later.

ATCO1962
14th Nov 2009, 18:33
enroute ATC problems, what enroute ATC problems?:O:O

Farrell
15th Nov 2009, 00:55
"when are all the en-route ATC problems going to be sorted out in Oman?"

I have no idea what you're talking about!

"There are no American soldiers in Baghdad. None. We will tear them to pieces! They will run in fear of the fury of our armies! No one will question us!"

surely not
15th Nov 2009, 14:00
enroute ATC problems, what enroute ATC problems?

ahhhh so all the delays ex DXB and AUH due to en route restrictions through Oman are works of fiction...................must be flight deck crew checks then for the delay card!!

Undercover Dragon
20th Nov 2009, 11:02
I thought it might have been better if they had a simulated 'super hard landing' where everyone survived, like the Air France ditch. Its a simulation, after all.

But the fake condolence messages, unannounced fire, and fatality reports on their own official Oman Air website were probably not such a good idea, in hindsight... :suspect: