PDA

View Full Version : Recce over Lambeth?

bakerpictures
12th Nov 2009, 16:07
Looked rather like an Apache but I could be wrong. Circled twice and came to within approx 200 feet above Ruskin Park, Herne Hill at about 1650. Poor light so no numbers or badges, I'm afraid.

We've had Pumas touch down before which is a joy but an Apache settling all the way down would have made my gloomy week.

CirrusF
12th Nov 2009, 19:27
Doesn't the Archbishop of Canterbury have his London home somewhere around there?

Archbishop of Canterbury's war rant mars troops tribute | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2675598/Archbishop-of-Canterburys-war-rant-mars-troops-tribute.html)

green granite
12th Nov 2009, 20:35
Isn't this the same Archbishop that got shouted at by the people for suggesting that we should adopt some aspects of Sharia law?

A quote comes to mind, "Who will rid us of this turbulent priest".

bakerpictures
13th Nov 2009, 10:49
No, we're some miles SE from Lambeth Palace though I can't tell you his track away from here. Once he cleared our roof, I'm no longer interested.

If ever there were a worthy target in that neck of the woods, might I suggest the Elephant & Castle roundabout?

BobHead
13th Nov 2009, 14:09
All part of Operation Trident call CO

bast0n
13th Nov 2009, 14:29
Cirrus F

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

I emailed this to R Williams in the hope.................Oh forget it - he would not understand.