PDA

View Full Version : Indian Coast Guard

WOW99
12th Nov 2009, 04:50
vacancies for those who are sitting with cpl:ok:

ASSISTANT COMMANDANT COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE (CPL) HOLDERS FOR
SHORT SERVICE APPOINTMENT AS HELICOPTER AND FIXED WING PILOTS

THROUGH FAST TRACK SELECTION AT NOIDA Assistant Commandant Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders for short service appointment for period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and may be further extended up to 14 years by the competent authority
INDIAN COAST GUARD (http://indiancoastguard.nic.in/) 12th class pass or equivalent and should possess current Commercial Pilot License (CPL) on the date of submission of application
Male/ Female Unmarried
* Born between (01 Jul 1983 to 30 Jun 1991)

alouette3
12th Nov 2009, 13:56
Guitar Boy,
Are you reading this?
Alt3.

guitarboy
12th Nov 2009, 18:53
Yeah Atl3 :) This is what i was talkin about.
anyways yeah i read it in the Newspaper today.
Thanks

pS. what airline do you fly for Sir? Just curiosity! :P

euindkan
13th Nov 2009, 11:44
how many pilots is the coast guard looking for?

Is anybody here on pprune who got selected during the last screning process held in Aug-Sep 09.

alouette3
13th Nov 2009, 14:38
GuitaBoy,
I don't fly for a Part 121 airline here( thank goodness). I am in a Part 135 company (non scheduled ops) that primarily offers medical transport.

Alt3.

silent_scream
17th Nov 2009, 00:47
The Website says there are 2 rounds of Selection Process.

(i) Preliminary Selection Boards (PSB), It consists of General Mental Ability Test in which the candidates will be tested for General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning.

(ii) Final Selection Board (FSB), It consists of Psychological Test, Group Testing and Interview (Personality Test).

Any suggestions on how to prepare for the Reasoning and Psychological Tests ?

Any one who has faced the Induction process, Will appreciate an overview.

Many Thanks.

Silent.

tangowithtushar
17th Nov 2009, 07:45
went through the ad , the 6/6 vision f up so my shoulders dropped .. but this time around a friend suggested i should just go ahead and apply.. my eyesight is -.75 in left eye and -.50 he prompted that yoga has proven beneficial in worst of cases so why not me,so im gonna apply and see if it falls in place..:ok:[thanks vik]

the only thing i wanted to know is by when can we expect the exams to begin?? the last date for submission of application is nov end.. and quoting the website "The date of entrance test will be intimated to the short-listed candidates through call up letters by Mid Dec 2009."

i have this concern because i have my graduation exams scheduled by Dec end or Jan 1st week and they will take about 10 days to finish i just hope the dates don't clash .. :rolleyes:

silent_scream
3rd Dec 2009, 16:36
List of selected Candidates for the Coast Guard Induction to be held on the 10th December is out.
Only 67 Candidates for the GD - CPL (Including Women SSC candidates) are called for Induction.

My name does not figure on the list. Nether do one dozen of my friends, who applied as well, appear on the list.

I have gone through the copy of the Application a million times and am unable to figure out a Mistake. CPL attested copy , Attested Photo, Education Qualification and Character certificate attached. But still.
Of course Coast Guard is not going to entertain my questions.

Do the people who have made into the Selected List have a secret formula ?

Or Does some one else smell a rat as well ?

All the Best to all who are appearing.
Silent

ssietbunny
5th Dec 2009, 02:15
silent scream
perhaps preference has been given to wards of defence personels and coast guards as spec asked in application form also.no rats.

tangowithtushar
7th Dec 2009, 09:42
+1 at above

i cant vouch for it with facts,
but almost all the non defence wards[ including me] that applied with a hope of fair and square examination process have their as:mad:s rubbed with green chilli courtesy yet another evil that plagues us "nepotism"
while on the other hand a friend of mine who has is dad in the army recieved his admit card yesterday:*:*
he is brimming with joy already considerin the fact that number of guys who got short listed and the no. of guys who will be selected make for an optimistic ratio for him [rhs aspirant]..:rolleyes:
as far as the medical goes he feels his dad would take care of it..[ i dont doubt it]

p.s yet another opportunity flies out of my window :sad:[ now back to books for gradauation exams:{]

optimus.Prime
7th Dec 2009, 10:02
@Tango,

seems like your "dad-in-the-army" friend has an awful lot of company, for this particular "selection process"! :ugh:

euindkan
7th Dec 2009, 10:40
how do they decide which application to select and which one not to ?
cant it be made any transparent ?

cobra24
7th Dec 2009, 11:17
my name appears in the list AND my dad is not in defence or in any government office ....
Nor do I have any big contacts ...

tangowithtushar
7th Dec 2009, 11:53
lucky you cobra 24
wish you good luck for the test...and some heavy dornier time in:ok: the future
only if the process was transparent:ugh:
for our sake [guys not shortlisted] after you are done with the exam etc can you ask one of the officials for a logical reason for not short listing many of us .. i don't want to sound desperate and make it look like a sour grape story but this coast guard deal was very attractive considering the job profile and i just saw it fly be me :(
trying to smell rodents is perhaps a bit too late and futile but cant help but be a bit dejected:suspect:

tangowithtushar
7th Dec 2009, 13:15
finally something from the horse's mouth
this is a description of the job by one of the trainees who got inducted in april.. is set to fly by February .. he is a close friend of mine so i do trust what he says..

this was my query
has any one frm coast guard started flying yet
how many hrs is average
beautiful perks considering
u dont have anything to spend on food accommodation

and this was his reply

hours our endless.
nothing to spend
all taken care
off
we have all the facilities
all is good
life does get really exciting too
goes on some ops we have a gun mount and we dive and fire
so flyin is sure fun.:ok::ok::ok:

i hope this dispels the doubt in every 737 rhs wannabe's mind :mad: mind who shrugs off the prospect of flying for coast guard by
saying " ive not spend 30 lacs to earn thirty thousand"
i know many sharukhans would be reading this i hope this post is like a kick in their balls:*

p.s he is already getting 22 k per month and when he starts flying in feb itll rise to 39 k

jahaj_crash
8th Dec 2009, 12:36
Do we shoot on the boats with people on them or just water...??;):}
any bonus points for hitting the target:E:}:D

irockoo7
10th Dec 2009, 01:54
hey the exams 2day! so best of luck to all of them who are appearing! for those whose name dint appear on the list but are plannin to join the ICG then dont worry there is gonna be another opening in the last week of dec or early 2010!