PDA

View Full Version : Time for another possibly silly question..

Glamgirl
11th Nov 2009, 20:23
Hi all,

I seem to have messed up my screen... Basically, I pressed some buttons by mistake (it was dark and I'd had a few), and now everything on all web pages is in miniature writing.

As some of you may remember, I'm not the most clever when it comes to computers, so if anyone has any clues as to how to get it back to normal, I'd appreciate it very very much.

I've got Vista on this thing, by the way.

Usual payment applies :}

Gg

Simonta
11th Nov 2009, 20:29
In the bottom right of the browser window, you should see a picture of a magnifying glass, with a percentage next to it and a drop down arrow (an arrow pointing down). Click the arrow and select 100%. You can also try holding the CTRL key and pressing + or - (usually to the right of the zero key).

I'm assuming that you are using Internet Explorer. If you don't know what you are using, it is Internet Explorer. If something else, please let us know.

Cheers

Blues&twos
11th Nov 2009, 20:32
You might have just changed the "zoom level" - I've done it several times by mistake.

Look in the bottom right hand corner whilst using internet explorer (like right now). Just above where the clock is there's a little magnifying glass and a % zoom, usually this should say 100%. To change it, click on the dropdown arrow next to the number and select 100%....

It might be something completely different though. I'm assuming you "pressed some buttons" on the keyboard rather than the monitor?

EDIT - Simonta - you beat me to it!!

Glamgirl
11th Nov 2009, 20:44
Thank you both!!! That did the trick. I knew it was probably something pretty simple...

Thanks again. Big hugs on its way to you both. ;)

Gg

Blues&twos
11th Nov 2009, 20:46
I was just about to suggest rolling your chair closer to the screen....:ok:

Simonta
11th Nov 2009, 21:08
GG. Nex time, finish your scotch, then peer at the screen through the bottom of the glass. The entire internet will become clearer!