PDA

View Full Version : atpl ground school

Sjclarke
11th Nov 2009, 09:39
Hi Guys

Quick Question... I have my first set of ATPL exams next month, After 6 months of study i am now getting between 85% and 90% pass on bristols question bank.

Am i ready for the exams?

Regards

DougieMac
11th Nov 2009, 10:06
hi SJ,

ye i seemed to be getting around that number before i attended the bristol brush up course, and got mid to high nineties in the results after the first 8 but like AMS says it depends how you feel going into the exams.

One more thing their sneaking a few of version 3 questions into exams now, be aware of that and practise them aswell if you can!

Good luck!

Dougie

fanda78
11th Nov 2009, 22:57
Guys sorry to be dumb (I'm starting in two month time) but what is version three question???

DougieMac
11th Nov 2009, 23:13
Hi fanda,

It was a reference to the Bristol online Question bank, whereby there are a couple of versions (2 and 3), version two was the prmary focus of the examinations in the UK, but there is an increasing number of version 3 questions entering the examinations now.

Just a reminder for when yous get started on the Question bank guys

Good luck mate.

Dougie.

JackN
12th Nov 2009, 13:03
Yepyep

Version 3 is Bristol's database for the new NPA25 syllabus. This new syllabus has been introduced in certain european countries but not the UK, and the CAA originally said they were not going to use any V3 questions until the UK switched over to teaching NPA25.

Needless to say, although we're not teaching NPA25, we are getting V3 questions appearing in the exams. I took my first 8 exams last week and there were quite a few V3 questions in there - in Flight Planning there were loads. I hadn't really been through the V3 database before-hand (I went through afterwards to try and look up some of the questions) and although I don't have my results yet, I didn't notice any fiendishly hard questions that I had never seen before, so I think as long as you know your stuff and you're doing OK on the QB, you shouldn't worry too much about it.

Jack

Dick Whittingham
12th Nov 2009, 19:05
Both V2 and V3 are there, you just choose which one you want to use anytime

Dick

12Watt Tim
12th Nov 2009, 21:41
If you are concerned which database you're using then you're not ready. It doesn't matter what questions you use to test your knowledge as long as they are realistic to the likely exams.

DougieMac
13th Nov 2009, 10:41
Version 2 and version 3 are two seperate versions altogether as far as im aware, not that sure if there is any integration between the two.

Like the others say though providing you know your stuff it shouldnt be an issue.

If it helps though i only done V2 and only found out when i went to the brush up course and to some extent the actuall exam (im thinking Gen nav) that a couple of V3 questions were being fizzled in.

I've still got 6 to go and will probably do both when it comes to it. but even if you dont, providing you learn it, youll find youll be ok.

Good luck mate.

Dougie.