PDA

View Full Version : Bridging from ATPL(H) to ATPL(A)

Peter PanPan
10th Nov 2009, 13:04
Greetings to all fellow RW and FW pilots here, I apologize if this questions has already been asked, I browsed through a few threads and still couldn't find it, anyways I think it is an interesting topic and it won't cause any harm to be revisited:

I am holder of a CPL(H) with a Frozen ATPL(H), currently finishing my PPL(A), next step is to complete the bridge theoretical examinations. After having read both JAR-FCL 1 Amdt 7 and older versions, I am still not too positive wether I must enroll in a FTO before I can take those exams, the other thing is I am looking for online trainers such as Bristol to pursue this, can anyone provide me a list of distance learning (Online) schools that prepare students/pilots for the bridge? Has anyone done that here, thanks in advance for the guidance! Peter

lionco
12th Nov 2009, 15:46
Try speaking to Roger Henshaw at GTS in Bournemouth. I know that they do the course as I have made a similar enquiry. (01202 580809)

I hope it is OK to post these details, if not, please delete. :ok:

piravlos01
13th Nov 2009, 10:42
Hi Peter PP,
I am exactly the same case as you. f-ATPL(H) and now going to f-ATPL(A). I am about to finish my PPL(A). I only have to take 2 exams (because I has passed the (H) interim procedure with Bristol).
We are both exempted from formal training. You could self study (the theory books is easy to find from people who have attended Bristol or Oxford) and use the ATP online question database. That's what I do and it is not difficult at all. Worth trying.

piravlos

Peter PanPan
15th Apr 2010, 14:03
Hey guys sorry for the late response, here's what I have gathered over the past months:
Except from Interim course graduates (Who indeed only sit exams), CPL(H) holders must undergo a Bridging course and sit examinations in the following subjects: Aircraft General Knowledge, Flight Performance and Planning, Operational Procedures and Principles of Flight (Aeroplane).

Lightning_Boy
16th Apr 2010, 11:14
Hi all,

I'm also considering doing something along these lines. I have an FAA PPL(A) IR and hold a JAA ATPL(H). I did my ground school at Bristol and was told I would only need to do the PoF(A) and performance exams. Having an ICAO PPL(A) also qualifies me?? My only concern is the time scale from taking the original ATPL exams. Can anyone tell me if it's something along the lines of 7 years?

Thanks Guys and Gals.

LB :ok:

Garfs
2nd Sep 2010, 19:58
CPL(H) holders must undergo a Bridging course and sit examinations in the following subjects: Aircraft General Knowledge, Flight Performance and Planning, Operational Procedures and Principles of Flight (Aeroplane).

Hey Guys/Girls

Thought I would just add my question to the end of here rather than start a new thread, so based on the above, would someone with a JAA ATPL(A) have to sit and pass Aircraft General Knowledge, Flight Performance and Planning, Operational Procedures and Principles of Flight (Helicopter) to go the other way, ie from Fixed wing ATPL to fATPL(H)?

Thanks in advance