PDA

View Full Version : Crop spraying

N707ZS
9th Nov 2009, 14:59
Please can someone tell me which months crop spraying does not take place in Spain?
I am guessing from November to ?

davidibiza
12th Nov 2009, 15:15
Hi there, crop spraying season starts around may and finishes around october, but I'm afraid it will be difficult to find a job, too many spanish agro pilots without job, myself included.

N707ZS
15th Nov 2009, 19:37
Thanks David,
I am not brave enough to be an agro pilot. I just have an interest in the aircraft and their systems. I was trying to find the time of year when the planes are back at base.

davidibiza
16th Nov 2009, 11:09
July and august are the best months for spotting, you'll find Piper Braves, PZL Dromadair (fewer every year), and mostly Air Tractor 502/802. There is a company in Sevilla that also flies two Ayres.

The rest of the year the planes are mostly in storage and/or maintenance.

N707ZS
30th Nov 2009, 22:13
Hi David,
Any idea which company flies the Ayres as I have never seen a live one.
Also Cessna 188s I would like to see one if they are still operated in Spain.
Many thanks.

davidibiza
1st Dec 2009, 06:36
You should go to Seville, Pepe Trillo is the one who has two Ayres, also in Utrera (close to Seville) there is a company that operates at least one Cessna (that I saw), being the Piper Brave the SEP more used for crop spraying in Spain.

This companys aren't easy to be located, they are normally based in small towns with short, non-paved runways.

If you are plannig to come to Spain send me a pm and I'll try to help you more specifically.