PDA

View Full Version : VISA - Study/Work/Permanently in USA ?

ripanrocks
9th Nov 2009, 13:14
I'm from India.I would like to go to USA for getting my necessary pilot certificates & then after the course immediately search for permanent FI,etc employment there itself.
I would love to stay & work permanently in USA after my course, so what exactly should I do ?

Please recommend what kinds of visas should I take & the other necessary factors ?
Should I opt for permanent residency in USA, if so how ?

(I'm thinking of going to Ari Ben Aviator(FAA) - J-1/M-1 Visas Offered)

Please help !

Katamarino
9th Nov 2009, 13:33
You'll need to visit the US embassy website and read up on their requirements for immigration, for a start. I suspect that you'll find that, as a 17 year old Indian with no in-demand skills, it will be pretty much impossible to get permanent immigration. You could try marrying an American?

If you tell them you're intending to stay permanently, I strongly suspect they won't even allow you into the country.

ReverseFlight
10th Nov 2009, 02:37
If you do your research, you'll find the M-1 visa entitles you to study only while the J-1 visa entitles you to build hours after the completion of your course for the remainder of the 2-year visa, which will no longer be issued very soon. Besides, there is almost no J-1 work for foreign students anywhere in the States due to instructors not being able to move up the industry ladder - in fact, many instructors are out-of-work and others are finding it increasingly difficult to hang onto their jobs.

Apart from the marriage route, there's the Green Card lottery. Good luck.

SeattlePilot
10th Nov 2009, 06:11
There are no jobs over here.. I am actually moving overseas leaving US for good... I don't know why would you seek full time employment here.. (before you call me racist or something, I am an immigrant who gained US citizenship too).
On the other hand, I think we have the best flight training environment here..

Good luck..

Halfwayback
10th Nov 2009, 07:46
Ripan's having a quiet rest for a while!

HWB