PDA

View Full Version : green grass

DeltaNg
9th Nov 2009, 12:43
My grass isn't quite as green as it used to be

Anybody out there with nice green grass? :confused:

Please tell us where it is and if you might be recruiting in the near future....

I would especially like to hear from people in Brunei, Middle East (possibly), or anywhere in Europe apart from the UK !!!! :{

FLY 7
9th Nov 2009, 12:47
Well I'm looking for some blue sky. About a week's worth would be useful.

tony 1969
9th Nov 2009, 13:47
Green Grass.... Blue Sky.....:confused:
Nope sorry

The Governor
9th Nov 2009, 18:57
Try a bit of Teletubbies. It always has green grass and blue skies where they live.

DeltaNg
9th Nov 2009, 19:26
Do you have the contact details for their HR department? I'm going to send a speculative CV. Any interview tips?

helimutt
9th Nov 2009, 20:50
Well I guess if you really want to work with teletubbies or dare I say, work for muppets, you could always go back to your old job oop north, but that would probably require a frontal lobotomy!
The governor knows what i'm on about. He has to fly with a muppet of the highest order tomorrow. Just as well he has a sense of humour! :E
He'll need it.

As for green grass? You kidding? The power stations and refineries stain it all black up here.

Ever thought about air ambulance in Iraq?;)

DeltaNg
9th Nov 2009, 21:06
Ahh yes, Iraq - never heard anything back from that one - did you?

The Governor
10th Nov 2009, 08:05
HR is handled by Mr T. Winky.

Requirements must include the ability to mumble in a confusing and unintelligible manner whilst saying nothing, leap about looking active whilst achieving absolutely nothing and have a positive outlook with no sense of the impending doom hurtling towards you. Applicants must also be able to handle the large docile creatures hopelessly hopping about in the working environment. Standing vacantly staring at the sun grinning is an added bonus though not essential.

No aviation background or flying experience is necessary for this role. Candidates should not expect to receive a reply if unsuccessful.

Sincerely yours,

Mr L. Laa.
Teletubbie Land.

DeltaNg
10th Nov 2009, 09:16
Sounds to me like the interview and psychological analysis must be carried out in Norway? Am I right? :\

helimutt
10th Nov 2009, 10:43
Nah, not any more. They just let any old T,D or H work here now! LaLaLa. Now where did that sun go?

Tarman
10th Nov 2009, 12:31
Am I the only one that hasn't got a clue what this thread is about ?

FairWeatherFlyer
10th Nov 2009, 12:45
If there's no grass, there's always onions:

YouTube - Green Onions Booker T & The MGS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-Z_l907DY)

And this is clearly on topic in a rotary forum:

Leslie speaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_speaker)

Bravo73
10th Nov 2009, 15:08
Am I the only one that hasn't got a clue what this thread is about ?

FYI, Tarman, DeltaNg isn't happy working at xxxx any more so he's wondering if there might be employment opportunities elsewhere. The Teletubbies reference is because that is the only place where the grass is truly green. Everywhere else, it's just a different shade of brown. Any clearer now?

;)

Tarman
10th Nov 2009, 15:45
Thanks,
I'll let you boys carry on with your "in house" banter

Tarman

DeltaNg
10th Nov 2009, 15:52
Just to confirm, I don't work for CHC, and as yet I have still to receive a response from Teletubbie Land :sad:

Seriously though, as the UK is facing a dramatic downgrade in quality of life due to the Zimbabwean monetary policy of Mr.Darling , I can't help but think maybe it's a good time to go abroad somewhere. Has anybody recently done this and would they like to share their experiences on how things have worked out, and the complications of converting Licences, finding school and accommodation for the family etc?

If only it were as simple as wearing a big furry suit and saying eh-oh. But hang on, don't those guys get paid more than us??! :suspect:

helimutt
10th Nov 2009, 22:09
Well you could do all of the Australian licence requirements, get offered a job, resign from your job here and then be put on hold with the Aus gig. Only getting a couple of days contracting a month to fill in. Oh, someone is already doing that. OOPS!

Green grass??
No such thing. It's all in the mind.

Heliringer
10th Nov 2009, 22:23
So who is importing foreign pilots to Australia? There are plenty of Australian crews looking for work at the moment or do these guys have residency or citizenship?

birrddog
10th Nov 2009, 22:44
HR is handled by Mr T. Winky.

Requirements must include the ability to mumble in a confusing and unintelligible manner whilst saying nothing, leap about looking active whilst achieving absolutely nothing and have a positive outlook with no sense of the impending doom hurtling towards you. Applicants must also be able to handle the large docile creatures hopelessly hopping about in the working environment. Standing vacantly staring at the sun grinning is an added bonus though not essential.

No aviation background or flying experience is necessary for this role. Candidates should not expect to receive a reply if unsuccessful.

Sincerely yours,

Mr L. Laa.
Teletubbie Land.

Dear Mr L. Laa

I heard prior experience in kicking rabbits helps.

Is this still the case?

Sincerely yours,
Teletubbie Pilot, NY

seang
10th Nov 2009, 23:49
I've never taken mind-altering drugs before, but, having read this thread I'm beginning to think someone has slipped something a bit dodgy into my Stella. I've just had a word with my hatstand and it reckons I am perfectly sane. But it could be just trying to humour me.

kev_laline
11th Nov 2009, 04:37
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/kev_laline/Tinpis/IMG_6852.jpg

Darren999
12th Nov 2009, 02:17
Ah the Grass maybe Greener, however, it still needs mowing :E

Epiphany
12th Nov 2009, 06:35
Back in BAOR if the grass was not green enough we were told to paint it and it worked every time.

helimutt
12th Nov 2009, 15:57
Can't see our company giving us the money to paint anything. :) The grass can stay the way it is for now!!