PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory students/ study method past and present.

B767PL
9th Nov 2009, 10:18
Hey guys.

For those who have completed the study and passed the 14 exams, as well as those who are in the process of doing so, what is your study method?

Did you rely mostly on the 14 books? Or did you mainly use the question banks available?

Started my FAA to JAA conversion via distance learning and am going through the books. Would like to get it done ASAP, and am wondering what the most effective way to pass the exams is. I have been hearing that the question bank is the way to go, which doesnt mean to neglect the books, though.

Been reading the books so far and I can't see how you can remember all the specifics with so much material... not to mention the exams are still months away.

What is/was your method, and how much time did you spend studying daily, or weekly.

Gooday.:ok:

p.s -- as far as the question bank goes, where do you get it? Can't seem to find it online, and how much is it?

paco
9th Nov 2009, 11:38
Look no further - Welcome to Bristol.gs (http://www.bristol.gs)

phil

DougieMac
9th Nov 2009, 12:11
Hi B767PL, Ive only done the first 8 so far but passed them all with a good average, I read the manuals first and done the progress tests online (as you do with bristol)

There after i hammered the question bank till i was bored and until the vast majority of the questions were done, whilst going through the manuals again to make sure i understood it.

I wouldnt reccomend doing solely the question bank, the manuals are there to be read and understood, and if any trick questions come up (that you havnt done) will help get the right answers.

I cut alot of shifts and went 5 days a week for a few hours a day. I only done this cos i had money saved up and understand that people have full time commitments with work, and its up to the induvidual how long they take studying.

as for the question bank go on the BRISTOL GROUND SCHOOL website and theres a link to the question bank site, its £50 for 3 months access and a great help.

www.atponline.gs (http://www.atponline.gs)

Good luck with it all mate!

Dougie

av624
9th Nov 2009, 12:54
As you say, its impossible to remember everything in the books! i have the first 8 exams passed now at 93% average. i started by re-writing the bristol notes, but after a few weeks I found this was taking far too long and when i got to the progress tests, the tests were much harder than was mentioned in the material. I then decided to only read through the material, only making notes on forumlas and ways how to do things (ie Grid Nav). Hit the QB hard, I found i learnt more from making mistakes after learning the basics in the material. If you get a question wrong in the QB always make sure you find out where and why you went wrong.

Take it easy :ok: