PDA

View Full Version : power Vs grand

glexdriver
8th Nov 2009, 12:20
Hi,
in the corporation where I work they want to change the helicopter. Know we are operating an EC-120. Now we are looking into the A109. Both me and the boss we don't have a big experiance on agusta products.
The sales man told us that the Grand outperforme the Power.
I would like your opinion on the two types.
And a last question: does the max number of fule cells has any effects on the cabin/cargo volume?

Juliet Nine
11th Nov 2009, 11:42
Power 2850 Kgs Grand 3175 Kgs

Power cruise 135 KIAS @ 220 Kgs/hr fuel
Grand cuise 155 KIAS @ 220 Kgs/hr

Class 1 performance at MAUW

Grand Cabin 30 cms longer

Price - Grand a lot more.

The extra fuel cells sit behind the rear seats. The space is not normally accessible unless you have clip on utility seats.

J9

Squat switch
17th Nov 2009, 10:49
They are both very capable aircraft.

Get a flight in each on the same day so the conditions are the same and compare the ride.

I did this with someone who was 95% set on the Grand because it was newer/bigger/faster/shinier than the power it changed the view and indeed his mind.

Beware the sales pitch 3 ton is not certificated for elevated helipad on the power so if that is your need/want then make sure you look at the figures in the flight manual, not the ones the salesman wants you to see and make sure the delivered weight is what you expect, they are getting heavier by the month.

If you want to remove the headrests to make it a bit more inclusive, make sure the certifications allow it.

Enjoy