PDA

View Full Version : DJ's Embraer Fleet

bigdreams
8th Nov 2009, 05:03
Anyone have any news on how DJ's Embraer aircraft are travelling.

Are the 170's making them any money.....?

Arnold E
8th Nov 2009, 08:19
I take it that the E jets are less than perfect?:eek:

Tiger01
8th Nov 2009, 09:06
I'd be interested in hearing some statistics on their reliability compared to the 737.
From what I've heard, although they are great aircraft to fly on, they still are having some reliability issues.

Mr. Hat
8th Nov 2009, 09:50
I hear from engineers that 73's are very reliable.

With new types introduced into a company its always going to take time for the engineers to get their head around it.

Maybe there is a place where you can compare reliability of different types say A320 vs 737. Might be worth asking on the engineering forum.

8th Nov 2009, 18:00
Extremely funny. I read with interest about the reliability issues? I am a Licenced engineer on the E195. At flybe UK we have a dispatch reliability of 99%! Not sure why there is such diffrent views on reliability between airlines. Any ideas?

grrowler
8th Nov 2009, 21:49
http://www.bitre.gov.au/publications/14/Files/BITRE%20OTP%20Report%20September%202009.pdf

If OTP is any indication, there doesn't appear to be any problem, certainly not throughout 2009.

Dog One
8th Nov 2009, 22:10
E170/190 departure reliability is as good as the B737/A320 fleets, and probably a bit better as the airframes are newer. The Virgin 737 fleet is aging and its not usual to see one parked due technical.

Embraer seem to build a good aircraft, the EMB 120 is still operating in many regions, some with very high times.

One would think that to maintain good reliability, there has to be good engineering back up.

Mr. Hat
8th Nov 2009, 22:30
The 120 is as tough as nails. Find me a better turbo prop.

Don't know the 170/90 looks nice.

Love these blokes that start the mines bigger than your comp.:ugh:

VBPCGUY
8th Nov 2009, 23:07
They are alot better than what they were when they first started coming into the fleet, as someone else said took a bit for engineers to get their head around, now they are more familiar when problems arise especially if its occurred before. Flown both types myself nice jet to fly on and good legroom, loading not too bad either and the ground handling guys like myself dont mind them as much.

senshi
10th Nov 2009, 07:40
Falling Leaf..

Couldn't agree more! How old and mature are you "professional pilots" that insist on buying into silly little slagging matches??? Maybe you can start your own forum where you can moan, bitch and throw mud at each other all day long; compare who has a bigger watch and who goes faster..

It would be nice for once to jump on here and read a constructive thread that hasn't turned into a Grade 9 school yard fight.

Mr. Hat
10th Nov 2009, 10:04
Original post:

DJ's Embraer Fleet
Anyone have any news on how DJ's Embraer aircraft are travelling.

Are the 170's making them any money.....?

Tidbinbilla
10th Nov 2009, 12:10
I haven't witnessed such childish bickering in a while.

And you call yourselves professional pilots! :yuk:

Wake up to yourselves, kiddies!

Angry TID

Mr. Hat
10th Nov 2009, 22:06
So what is the word from those in the know? Will we see an increase in EMB orders after the big cheese comes back? I have a feeling that there will be one more major announcement before he goes.

The Baron
11th Nov 2009, 20:54
Very perceptive Mr Hat. It's a great bird to fly, ergonomically good cockpit and at least a generation ahead of the NG. Like every aeroplane, not perfect.
There are quite a few guys saying that if it wasn't for the lower money, they would be happy to stay with the jungle jets. They do need to come up with a better name than e-jet, sounds very much like the Irish name for a simpleton...

Aussie
12th Nov 2009, 08:01
We have both the 737 and Ejet in my company, and the guys i fly with tell me the Ejet is great, but one of the biggest downsides on long flights in the Ejet is the seat confortability... im told the 737 far more confty for longer trips! Not sure if the VB guys would agree?

Aussie
12th Nov 2009, 08:09
Im not talkin pax seating, but in the cockpit for the post above!!!