PDA

View Full Version : Honiley airfield VOR HON

jxc
7th Nov 2009, 21:35
Hi

Does anyone know if you can get permission to land here I know it is disused and possibly used for vehicle testing Just there is range rover very very near to there i would like to view

Mark 1
8th Nov 2009, 05:33
Honiley (Fen End) is owned by ProDrive who use it as a test track. I think it highly unlikely that you would be given permission to land there.
I believe there is a rather short farm strip on adjacent land, but don't have any details available.
I'm sure you're also aware that the HON VOR is located there and is an approach fix for nearby Elmdon Aerodrome.

DB6
8th Nov 2009, 09:34
Very very unlikley as not only is it disused with obstacles on the old runway, but more importantly it is about 3 miles out on final approach/climbout to Birmingham International Airport's runway. No chance.
Elmdon Aerodrome... love it!:ok:

Spitoon
8th Nov 2009, 09:38
Ask - what have got to lose, they can only say no.

Prodrive
Banbury
Oxfordshire
OX16 3ER
United Kingdom

T +44 (0) 1295 273355
F +44 (0) 1295 271188
E [email protected]

As for being close to Brum, if you get permission to use the airfield, speak with the ATC people about your plans - I can't imagine that there isn't a way of letting you in there.

GGR
8th Nov 2009, 10:14
Why dont you PM me and I will bring a Range Rover to you! Choice of 100+

GGR

BoeingMEL
8th Nov 2009, 16:43
When I last spoke to Dave Richards (Prodrive) he was thinking (IIRC) about basing his CitationJet there. Not sure if he pursued that though. Good Luck anyway bm

jxc
8th Nov 2009, 19:19
Thanks Guys

Decided to drive due to weather and bought the car it is a late range rover classic tdi 1995

Gipsy Queen
9th Nov 2009, 09:21
Years ago, the old aerodrome was the Lucas-Girling test facility and despite the company for whom I flew having an interest in the development of their air brake anti-lock systems, a VIP flight of our senior management in the DH104 was refused a landing.

I imagine that there would be even less chance of doing this now but I don't understand why anyone would want to go there anyway.:ouch: