PDA

View Full Version : BBC iplayer prob?

tony draper
7th Nov 2009, 19:28
Just been called next door to Bro Drapers puter,his BBC iplayer which was working fine yesterday has ceased to function.
I get the home page fine click on TV channels click on a particular one and buggah all happens.
Now my idea was just to delete BBC iplayer then download it again,but I cannot find it anywhere,it is not listed in program files nor on the add delete progs in control panel,anybody know where I player hides itself?
Any help greatfully received.
:uhoh:

DG101
7th Nov 2009, 20:28
iPlayer itself seems to be ok. I'm streaming a radio prog using same as I type.

What is Bro D. trying to achieve? Stream a program(me), or download something?

If the former it works via your (his) web browser. Try emptying the cache.

If the latter try increasing disk space allocation via settings tab.

tony draper
7th Nov 2009, 20:51
thanks Mr D after looking at mine it seems he may have lost his BBC iplayer desktop,because that shows up in the add delete progs on my machine but not his,
Incidentally he generally like me just watches the streamed video,our broadband connection is very good,frinstance most times I can watch progs on the HD channel with no pauses of jerks.
Will investigate further tomorrow.
Thanks again.
:)

green granite
7th Nov 2009, 20:56
I've given up on Iplayer it's a bloody pain compared with the other channels systems. I don't think it works with W7 at the moment (or at least it didn't a few weeks ago)/

Capetonian
7th Nov 2009, 22:06
I can use iplayer with W7 and Firefox, no problem. My IT department has even worked out how to make it work outside UK but the little sh*t won't tell me how!

The Nr Fairy
8th Nov 2009, 06:09
See if you can get iPlayer Downloader - pretends to be an iPhone / iTouch and downloads .mov files without time restriction.

call100
8th Nov 2009, 06:53
I can use iplayer with W7 and Firefox, no problem. My IT department has even worked out how to make it work outside UK but the little sh*t won't tell me how!
He's not that clever, there are a few ways of doing it. Dependent on where you are as to what is the best method. Just research it!!;)
Personally I just stream it from the IPlayer site and have nothing on my PC. Works fine and looks OK when connected to the TV.

tony draper
8th Nov 2009, 10:27
Well this is baffling,download Adobe AIR and installed in case that was the problem but when I go to the iplayer desktop download page it appears ok and tells me to click on the download button but here is no button on the page.??
:uhoh:

Right then a update,got Iplayer to work fine on Internet Explorer by downloading Iplayer desktop but cant get it to work on Firefox which it quite happily did the day before yesterday, as Bro uses Firefox and is easily confused this is annoying.
Anybody any idea of what the sudden problem with firefox could be?

DG101
8th Nov 2009, 13:30
Tony

Have you, or easily confused bro disabled JavaScript in FireFox?

Check in Tools > Options > Content

Spitoon
8th Nov 2009, 16:49
Sorry to take the thread off at a tangent.See if you can get iPlayer Downloader - pretends to be an iPhone / iTouch and downloads .mov files without time restriction.
I like the sound of this! So I went and got it - but all it ever does is give an error message saying 'The programme file is not currently available. If it's new, try again later.' It does this even if I am listening to the radio programme in question on the iPlayer at the time.

Can anyone shed any light? TIA.