PDA

View Full Version : 777 Sim Instructors

James4th
7th Nov 2009, 17:03
Which airline wants 10 777 Sim Instructors?

Cheers

Jimmie.

Homo Ludens
8th Nov 2009, 01:25
You should try QR. They migh be interested, with the crazy training going on.
cheers!
HL

Volverine
8th Nov 2009, 06:55
What's happening ? Tell us more.

James4th
8th Nov 2009, 09:18
Sorry I should have been more specific :- A contractor is advertising for 10 B777 Sim Instructors for a "Leading Middle Eastern Airline" and I would like to know which leading airline they are talking about. The contractor wont tell me ....... it must be EK, The Goat or Etihad ........ watcha all think?

Cheers,

Jimmie

CAVnotOK
8th Nov 2009, 09:51
Pretty sure it is QR.

Capt Krunch
8th Nov 2009, 10:07
If in-fact it is QR. It would be directly with the TRTO facility now establish and not the airline directly. That being said, the difference would go unnoticed.

virtually same same :ugh:

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

noflare
8th Nov 2009, 14:37
Its definately not EY...

shneidertrophy
8th Nov 2009, 16:11
I would say it is QR. Just received this last week from a leading recruitment site.

Recruiter's Client, a major airline operating in the Middle East, requires fifteen Boeing 777 Instructor/Examiner for immediate employment.

Candidates must:
- hold a current and valid ICAO ATPL;
- hold a valid Class 1 Medical Certificate issued by an ICAO member state;
- have a minimum 10,000 hours total flying time;
- have a minimum of 2,500 hours on wide body aircraft;
- have a minimum of 1,500 hours PIC on the B777;
- have a minimum of 250 hours of instructional experience on the B777;
- have flown the aircraft within the last six months;
- be below age 60;
- be fluent in English (minimum ICAO Level IV) with endorsement on license.

While Client will give preference to B777 qualified candidates, candidates qualified and current on the A330/A340 as line instructors, type rating instructors and type rating examiners who meet the above experience requirements are acceptable for these B777 instructor positions on a case by case basis. Client will provide B777 transition training to qualified candidates.

As per company policies, hired candidates will complete an initial period of duty as line captains (with instructor pay) before flying as instructors.

Candidates should be available for duty starting in early January.

Client offers a benefit package including:

- a monthly net of taxes remuneration:
- for a line instructor of 11,300 US $ *;
- for a type rating instructor of 11,900 US $ *;
- for a type rating examiner of 12,100 US $ *;
- free company furnished accommodations at base;
- school allowance for up to three children of up to age 21;
- 42 calendar days of paid annual leave;
- life insurance;
- medical insurance;
- loss of licence insurance;
- travel privileges in accordance with company policy.

* Remuneration estimates are based on typical monthly flying and/or training duties. Remuneration includes small transportation and utility allowances. Small variations are also possible depending local exchange variations.

Medium term contracts or permanent employment until age 65 is offered.

Only candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.

Tail Rota
8th Nov 2009, 16:22
sorry recruitment company

Not enough for quality guys....... 15 - 20k US Dollars plus the the benefits would see a few good applications. :cool:

TR:ok:

James4th
8th Nov 2009, 17:55
Well they have got mine, but then maybe I am not a quality guy :p

Only 40 years in the training game and 23,000 hrs.......

Tell me about any SIM Instructors position that pays this much and provides accom, etc?

Cheers,

Jimmie

411A
9th Nov 2009, 00:00
Yes, a tad thin in the renumeration department...I make more than that flying a much older widebody type.
Readjustment needed, for sure....if quality reasonable loyal folks are desired.

sec 3
9th Nov 2009, 02:11
Can anyone describe the pilots loss of licence scheme at the goat ? Thanks

Tail Rota
9th Nov 2009, 07:04
Hi Ya James the 4th

40 yrs Training eh:O.....you must have logged James the 3rd and the James the 2nd's experience as well...by my calender your too old to even be considered :ugh:

Make them pay.....lets all conspire against the airlines and make them pay...."no money"........... leave them with the monkeys...they will always do it for peanuts:D

yep we can all swing from trees ......but it takes some major skill to stop yourself from falling and hitting the ground.....the airline with the best package will always have the best monkeys :E

James4th
9th Nov 2009, 08:30
Yeah true talk! But I am past all that ....... I have played that game too long, I'll leave it to you youngsters.:)

I am not yet 65 and that is the cut off age for applications with the contractor I am with; so wish me luck.

Traditionally SIM Instructors get paid a lot less than line pilots ie Cathay (qv) and Qantas.

But there may come a time that they will have to pay more ...... I hope I am still around or that they can retro-fit SIMs to allow a Zimmer frame into the Instructors seat.:}

Cheers,

Jimmie

Tail Rota
9th Nov 2009, 09:36
Hey Jimmy

you are probably responsible for monkeys like me not hurting myself as I swing around those trees.:D

wish I could retire. looks like I will be doing my 40 yrs too :cool:

Thanks for your contribution to this great industry.:ok: