PDA

View Full Version : Bear crash, Russian Far east

Gainesy
7th Nov 2009, 13:58
A RUSSIAN military plane has crashed in the country's far east, killing all nine people on board.

An emergency ministry official said the Tu-142-M3 anti-submarine turboprop crashed in the Tatarsky Strait about 12 miles off the Pacific coast.

The plane disappeared off radar screens when it was finishing a training flight, a Defence Ministry official said. The bodies of the crew were removed from the water by boats.
:(

fallmonk
7th Nov 2009, 14:06
Thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends doesnt matter nationalitys , a death is a death esp people just doing there job !
Go in peace

Gainesy
7th Nov 2009, 14:24
Some confusion over PoB, may be up to 11.

Jackonicko
7th Nov 2009, 16:33
Fallmonk.

Get a grip.

Of your spelling, if nothing else.

(While saluting the sacrifices of the Red Army and its air forces in the Great Patriotic War, and while naturally saluting our fellow aviators - which I should perhaps have done without prompting).

BEagle
7th Nov 2009, 16:47
Jacko, that's rather an unnecessary call. Please delete.

Remembrance Sunday tomorrow - don't forget the sacrifices made by our Russian allies during the war.

Geehovah
7th Nov 2009, 19:59
I spent many years chasing Bears but my thoughts are with those who lost loved ones today

We all know how hard it is

Squirrel 41
7th Nov 2009, 21:30
Geehova et al - good call.

Jacko - unusually for you, bang out of order. It's all good sport when it's daring-do over the GIUK-gap, but this is a tragedy. Thoughts with the families at this difficult time - as has been said, it's Rememberance Sunday in Russia, too.

S41

TheSmiter
8th Nov 2009, 09:01
Latest reports indicate a crew of 11, which, considering the limited size of flight and mission crew compartment, I thought surprising; however, from an Indian web page:

Accommodation: The Tu-142M has a flight crew of four personnel, which includes the Pilot/Commander, Co-Pilot, Flight Engineer and Flight Signaller. A Flight Gunner serves as the tail gunner at the tail turret. Another five personnel operate as navigators/observers. The Observers perform the duties of Weapon System and Sensor officers, while a senior navigator coordinates the entire ASW phase of the mission.
which leaves one other, possibly an ACO or sandbagging WSOp.

Regardless, on this day, when we remember the fallen of our own country, we should spare a thought for this crew and their families.

We're all part of the same community. The flag doesn't matter.

L J R
11th Nov 2009, 03:17
Rest in Peace Chaps....

Dave Angel
11th Nov 2009, 10:56
Fallmonk.

Get a grip.

Of your spelling, if nothing else.

(While saluting the sacrifices of the Red Army and its air forces in the Great Patriotic War, and while naturally saluting our fellow aviators - which I should perhaps have done without prompting).

Shame on you Jackonicko :=

RIP to fellow aviators.