PDA

View Full Version : Part-time Or Evening Only Mcc Course

greekboy
7th Nov 2009, 13:02
Hi all

Does anyone have any information or first hand experierence in completing an MCC
part-time or doing it in evening sessions? Have called a few providers and none could give me any immediate response. I have left my contact details and still no reply.

Many thanx

gb

corsair
7th Nov 2009, 13:32
It only takes between 8 and 10 days. Why would you feel the need to do it part time?

greekboy
8th Nov 2009, 10:30
Corsair

Due to personal reasons I need to do a part-time mcc or one that can be structured around the evening session. I know it only takes 10 days but that is not what I was asking... RTFQ

GB

smith
9th Nov 2009, 08:25
Big problem would be finding a sim partner who'd fit with your plans as it is usually done as a pair, but not always mind.

Parson
9th Nov 2009, 08:51
I haven't heard of anyone doing it part-time but would have thought it was feasible. Would be of benefit to you to have the same sim partner, though. I don't know if they are still doing MCCs but have you tried Jetlinx at Heathrow?

EGTCtraining
9th Nov 2009, 09:11
There are a number of providers that do schedule their simulator sessions in the evenings and at weekends. We also do this.

I would imagine that the ground school would have to be completed during the daytime due to its length, but along with us, most schools will run their sorties in the evening period if necessary. The course duration however would probably still be 8 days straight. So if you are choosing evenings to fit around work, you might find yourself a little tired!

The best way is to actually have a week off to complete the course, so you have consistency, this way you will learn a lot more - or at least it will sink in better.

mad_jock
9th Nov 2009, 09:13
There is an out fit that do it on the BA sims and I believe they are all current pilots and you have to do the sim sessions at unearthly hours if you like it or not.

Personally I would leave it just now until things start moving. Your going to be pretty rusty by the time low houred guys are getting the call. The sim time will do you no harm getting back up to speed and saves you the cost of paying extra sim time before any sim checks.

corsair
9th Nov 2009, 10:35
RTFQI did and asked why?:yuk:

greekboy
9th Nov 2009, 17:17
Thanx for the info guys. Will take it all on board.

gb