PDA

View Full Version : Flt Simulator

veloo maniam
7th Nov 2009, 06:40
Hello guardians of the sky...I am planning to set up a flight simulator at home.
I would like some ideas. If there is anyone already into it and if you feel enthusiastic about sharing some ideas, please contact me. I have already seen the Dreamflyer but it's out of my budget. I am an Area Radar Controller at Kuala Lumpur ACC and I want to encourage the youner generation of setting up their own simulators purely for educational reasons.If there are other links let me know. Appreciate your help.:ok:

Dr.Triax
8th Nov 2009, 12:54
Hello Veloo,

I've just check the Dreamflyer web (didn't know what it was), and that is way too much to give the basics of flying procedures on the cockpit for an ATCO (thinking about "educational" reasons for to use FS).
I'm also an ATCO, but only a FS pilot (never tried PPL, or wanted to try :=), and learning to virtually fly IFR/VFR, with as much as fidelity as you can simulating real world with only a PC, a joystick, a net connection, any of the good FS programs (FS9, FSX, or X-Plane), and a comfortable chair, is just enough, and much cheaper! :ok:

classicwings
8th Nov 2009, 14:59
www.cockpitsonic.co.uk (http://www.cockpitsonic.co.uk)

I met these guys when I went to the Cockpit Fest at Newark Air Museum in the summer when they had a couple of their airliner cockpit sims on display for us punters to try out. They sold me MS FSX Gold for a discount price :) and it works a treat on my PC with my Virtual Pilot Pro!

If you are wanting to get into serious Flight Simming then I suggest you check them out for ideas- some of their cockpit creations are truely amazing.

PYB
9th Nov 2009, 21:00
Have you guys tried your hand in real full motion flight simulators. They're not as expensive to use as you might think if you internet search for deals at flight training centres. Well worth the money, you don't have to have any experience and friendly staff will always look after you.

You've just got to try collimated displays and controls that callibrated to feel exactly like the aircraft, not to mention the motion system and full sound.

They are the ultimate in simulation, got to be tried once by any enthusiast.