PDA

View Full Version : Drug Lab in my back yard

YPJT
6th Nov 2009, 22:51
Just heard on the news police have raided a hangar at Jandakot. Two men arrested on drug charges and due to face Fremantle Magistrates court.

I wonder if this is the sort of commercial diversity that JAH is seeking for Jandakot?:cool:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Nov 2009, 23:59
G'Day 'JT',

From this morning's 'The West Australian';

"Drug Lab Found At Jandakot Airport" - page 11

"Security at Jandakot Airport is under the spotlight after a major drug bust last night.
police were dismantling what was believed to be a clandestine amphetmine laboratory inside a private hangar on the fringes of the airport.
Serious and organised crime squad detectives and south-east metropolitantqactical investigation group officers raided the private hangar in a fenced-off area.
Police spent much of last night at the site, with chemical opeerations experts first cautiously checking the hangar was safe to be searched.
The hangar is one of dozens surrounding the busy airfield which are leased by companies or individuals.
Police would not reveal exactly what they found but it is believed be methylamphetamines or chemicals to create the drug".

Another way of 'gaining altitude' = getting high'??:yuk::yuk:

And with the rents going the way they are.....:E:E

Update from the ABC radio....
2 men, a 48 yr old and a 29 yr old have been charged with possession of drugs...

thunderbird five
7th Nov 2009, 07:01
As long as they displayed their ASIC cards while brewing, hey, what's the problem?

XX-ANY
7th Nov 2009, 08:44
Anybody know if it was at the northern end or the southern end?

Lineboy4life
7th Nov 2009, 09:44
if they just payed us pilots more we wouldn't have to take these second jobs....:uhoh:

...used to be just sweapin out the hangar would do

the wizard of auz
7th Nov 2009, 10:13
From what I hear, the people involved didn't need to do it for the money,as his father left quite a large inheritance after being killed in a traffic accident a few years ago. I wonder if they will lose the Lancair and all the property in Busselton.

mustafagander
7th Nov 2009, 10:35
I wonder whether they will be able to get away with it by claiming that they were only trying out what they learnt in the compulsory DAMP course??

Worth a try if you look like being a guest of Her Majesty I suppose!! :ok:

Sanguma man.
7th Nov 2009, 11:33
I wonder if CASA will become involved with regards to the nice collection of firearms on board. I bet there was no dispensation in his pocket while he was tooling about the sky with some pretty hard core gear on board.

Mach E Avelli
7th Nov 2009, 14:12
There used to be some real cheap buys of siezed drug-runner aeroplanes auctioned off by the Feds in the USA. Some had a few small skin repairs about 1" in diameter but nothing paint wouldn't cover.
Maybe there will be a bargain aeroplane at the next W.A. Police auction?

vee tail
7th Nov 2009, 22:53
I'll keep my cotton pikin fingers on the look out..... have been known to buy the occassional thing at police auction. Mach E thought it might be you organising your retirement and super.:E

Wiz have we worked out the hangar location yet:eek:

QFF
7th Nov 2009, 23:36
From the piccies in the West Oz, looks like the southern hangars, behind the RACWA.

Numbers Up
7th Nov 2009, 23:43
Not the same hangar as the Aztec from a few years back is it?????

magnum pi
8th Nov 2009, 01:01
The Aztec "Drug Runner SE" is still parked on the grass at the northern end of JT.
Guess it won't go for sale till the case is finished....
Atleast someone has put a cover over the windows.... looked in good nick(pardon the pun) the day it arrived :ouch:

Magnum

Awol57
8th Nov 2009, 02:01
Definately the southern hangars.

the wizard of auz
8th Nov 2009, 08:57
Hey Ya Veetail. It was one of Collingridges hangars down the south end behind the Royal. I spoke to your mate and he knew nothing about it, but knew the people involved when I told him. He said to say Hi. :E

YPJT
8th Nov 2009, 10:16
As long as they displayed their ASIC cards while brewing, hey, what's the problem?

TB5, I'll assume your comment was tongue in cheek but for the benefit of those who might have taken you seriously there is no RPT ex Jandakot therefore no ASIC display requirements.

PyroTek
8th Nov 2009, 12:02
YPJT: I don't know of any RPT to Birdsville or Windorah (examples) and are "security controlled"... How does it make it any different for YPJT??
They are all "Security Controlled Airports" according the ERSA. Does this not mean that it is a requirement to wear an ASIC?

edit: had no idea YWDH/YBDV had any RPT, WDH looked very quiet when I was last there, and BDV seemed like the kind of place where it would be dead all but one weekend of the year.:ok:Bad Assumption on my part, sorry

Pyro

aileron_69
8th Nov 2009, 13:00
Getting waaaaaaaaaaaay off the subject here, but Windorah, up until very recently had 3 RPT flights a week

I asked the refueller at PJT last week about ASICs and he said none of them have been told they are required to carry them. Being the busiest airport in the southern hemisphere one would think RPT or not they would want an ASIC for air-people?

So the Lancair this drug guy had, is that the Walter turbine powered one?

Worrals in the wilds
8th Nov 2009, 13:02
Pyro, there's RPT to both Windorah and Birdsville (same aircraft :}) that comes once a week from Brisbane to Mt Isa and back again. That's why they're security controlled, so the Brasilia (Flight West), Metro (Macair) and Dash 8 (Skytrans) can come in every seven days free from the threat of international terrorists, if not drunks, wandering cattle and dust storms :E.
YBAF is a busier airport than Birdsville or Windorah, but as it has no RPT there is no ASIC requirement. Common sense, government style! :sad: