PDA

View Full Version : PATS Course - is it worth it?

Mamakim
6th Nov 2009, 09:59
Just wondering if anyone has done the PATS course recently?

I spoke to a guy who worked there about 3 weeks ago and he told me that he could gaurentee me a pass in the tests.

How does he gaurentee the pass in the online psych testing? Doesn't the motivation questionaire count as well. Surely that part is something you can't study for right?

I'm interested but am unsure at the same time so if anyone has some feedback then that would be greatly appreciated.

mcgrath50
6th Nov 2009, 10:44
I've recently done the latest Qantas testing, without the help of a course. Personally I don't think the course is needed. The practice tests available online and the books you can pick up off amazon or ebay for a less than $10 are more than enough to get you through. Qantas in their documentation also say the courses will not help you (although cynics will tell you this is for a different reason).

I didn't do it and got through, having said that it can't hurt if you have the money to burn, but I personally think you don't need to spend it, save the money to pay for your medical, the skills tests and hotel/travel expenses!

Captain707
6th Nov 2009, 10:48
Keyword, "online" test.

VH DSJ
6th Nov 2009, 11:20
Keyword, "online" test.

so I guess you're also tested on your "resource management" skills as well! :E

Zoomy
6th Nov 2009, 19:19
Just look at the cheesy guy on the AFAP advertisment, that should help you make up your mind. The guy shows a total lack of respect towards the uniform and looks like he is about to have a crap. The picture put me off for good, in fact I am sh*t scared of getting locked in the office with a captain such as him.

This company is making a lot of cash from lack of confidence in ones own abilility and skill. They scare you first with the graphs of how many get shot off the end when someone better comes in the top.(marketing 101)

Heres a cheaper way. Grab any data analysis/graphing text 101 from any uni $60 - have a flick through
Read a crap load of papers, financial review, the australian(not just the jobs section) - $20
Revise basic math such as fractions/addition/ multiplication/ division/ subtraction - you probably have a math book but if not -$15 (just a basic one
Do lots of brain teasers to get you thinking.free off the net
Total $95 and some of your time invested. Oh and be confident in yourself.:ok:

Captain707
6th Nov 2009, 21:46
I think you need to take your own laptop and wireless internet to the course!

mcgrath50
6th Nov 2009, 21:53
Yup be confident, I have done the tests for both QF and the RAAF, both times I have walked out thinking there is no way I have passed, and still got called back. Take each section as its own and try to approach each with a fresh attitude.

HTFU
8th Nov 2009, 23:16
PATS Course - is it worth it?
Been there done that worth every penny, john even lets you come back for free refreshers courses.

AEIO-540
9th Nov 2009, 00:24
No it is not.

I rang and enquired about it and was very disappointed with the phone call that I had with them, SHONKY comes to mind.:eek::=:yuk:

I was able to get myself through the online testing by self study. If I can do that anybody can.

Trust in yourself not giving money to people!!! Special not this company!!!!!

shmeagle
9th Nov 2009, 06:38
Dont Qantas use the "onetest" sytem now and PATS teach you to the old SHL system, might be worth a phone call to see if they have changed their course for the new type of testing.