PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance that covers hour building in the US

SweetChariotXV
5th Nov 2009, 17:12
Hi all,

Has anyone any idea who are the best providers for travel insurance for hour building in the States?

I have searched on here and other internet sites but don't seem to find clear answers with respect to aircraft rental.

I did find on the pprune search function Trafford insurance, and googled them. However their website seems a little vague. I have emailed them, but still have not heard anything back.

Anyway any advice, recommendations, or thoughts are welcome!

Thanks, SC

aintboeingaintgoing
6th Nov 2009, 09:47
I am not sure if it is the same for the USA, I did a lot of flying in South Africa and took out annual travel insurance with insure and go, was £100 odd for the year, I had to then top that up with £2.50 a day that I was flying… a little expensive…. Unfortunately one of those necessary evils!! :ugh:

2 Whites 2 Reds
6th Nov 2009, 14:02
SC....

Pick up the phone to Traffords. Thats who Ive been with for the last couple of years. They charged me about £165 for a full annual policy with a clause that covers you whilst piloting a private aircraft abroad. You will have to provide dates that you need to be covered for the additional clause abroad and after paying up a few day later you'll get your certificate through. All don. Theyve been really good with me. I used them when I did 7 weeks flying a 172 in Canada back in 2008 and then again for a further month in the states earlier this year.

The cost is very cheaop and the cover very good. Ive never had to claim so pass on what theyre like if something goes wrong but thats the same with any insurer. Theyre underwritten by Lloyds I believe so Im sure its all good.

Best of luck.

2W2R