PDA

View Full Version : Northolt Today (Weds)

Flying_Anorak
4th Nov 2009, 23:55
Anything interesting going on around Northolt this week, heard a couple of Hawks were in there yesterday and something noisy departed early this week. As the resident anorak in our office nearby, it's a bit embarassing not to know!

Cheers,

Runaway Gun
5th Nov 2009, 07:05
You could always use the tried and tested line "I don't have a need to know, therefore I don't" ;)

Bob Viking
5th Nov 2009, 07:19
Apparently it was so Gordon Brown could see first hand what forces we have left to mount our next Op Telic style national mission. There was supposed to be a couple of Grob Tutors with water balloons that were also available but the headwind was unfavourable.
The Army also sent the Metheringham 1st Boy Scouts Troop to show willing.
Northolt being landlocked meant the Navy's spare Kayak was stuck in traffic on the roof of an Astra Estate (on loan from a civvy contractor).
Gordon Brown was heard to say that our armed forces clearly have all they need to meet today's current threats, then left to deliver a statement of condolence to the latest contestant voted off the X Factor.
Geez, I crack myself up!
BV:}

Runaway Gun
5th Nov 2009, 07:27
There will be a Random drug test team directed towards your general direction at work today Bob :ok:

txiki1uk
5th Nov 2009, 11:43
I would imagine it had something to do with the the Spitfire and Typhoon that did the flypast over Trafalgar Square on Wed in connection with the unveiling of the Keith Park statue there?

Bob Viking
5th Nov 2009, 12:45
Nothing that grandiose I can assure you!
BV