PDA

View Full Version : Bristow Reunion 26 November

heli1
4th Nov 2009, 09:43
Correcting previous information on PRUNE the date for this is now confirmed as Thursday 26th November at The Helicopter Museum, Weston-super-Mare with a book launch of Alan Bristow's autobiography at midday, hosted by the Museum and Heather Bristow.

A coach is being organised from Redhill but everyone is welcome under your own steam. Normal admission prices will be charged ( discounted for old un's) but there will probably be a free buffet.

The museum contact details etc are on the website The Helicopter Museum. (http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk) and it might be helpful if you let them know in advance, especially if there are several of you coming in a group so they can cater.

Phil Kemp
25th Nov 2009, 22:50
Unfortunately my travel schedule dictates me being on the other side of the World - I had very much wanted to attend this and see my former colleagues. Have a great time renewing those old acquaintances.

Hopefully this book will be in my Christmas presents! :ok:

stacey_s
27th Nov 2009, 07:25
I hope, along with all other Bristow and ex-Bristow people who could not attend to see the photo's of yesterday's reunion posted on this thread, anyone?

Stace

heli1
27th Nov 2009, 07:55
Gosh there were some old familiar faces amongst thiose who came...Jack Wooley....Bryan Collins among around 60 or so who made the trip .
Everyone seemed to have a great time and thre were lots of "Alan" stories being swapped .

Alan Biles
27th Nov 2009, 14:15
And I wasn't even there......:)

Any other day this week and I'd have been there. Look forward to seeing the pics.

parabellum
28th Nov 2009, 22:43
Someone must have taken some pictures, surely?

Oldlae
9th Dec 2009, 12:54
The only pics I took were of some helicopters, however, for the record some names present. Apart from Heather, Pat and Elfan and heli1 has already mentioned Jack Woolley and Bryan Collins, there was (in no particular order and apologies if I have forgotten someone). Larry Coram, Chas House, Maureen Wilcox, Pat Woolford, Allan Brown, John Willis, John Black, Mike Norris, Tony Blanchard, Keith Daley, Frank Chammings, Chester Goudie, Brian Teeder, Ken Humphries, Phil Charman, Peter Durrant and Sheila Reed. Wives and husbands omitted. Can anyone add the missing names? Late addition Dave Malloch.

jonseagull
9th Dec 2009, 17:56
Where is Brian Teeder nowadays? Last heard of in deepest Brunei.

flyer43
9th Dec 2009, 21:28
Left there at the end of '91. Now in deepest, darkest Wiltshire!

Tony Mabelis
10th Dec 2009, 07:16
Does John Willis monitor this thread??
I would like to say hi.