PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook

beerdrinker
4th Nov 2009, 07:19
I have a couple of problems on my little used small laptop.

1. I have copied the .pst file to it but I am unable to get the Contacts List / Address book to appear when I click the "TO" or "CC" button s when I start a new email message. I first get "No entries in the address book" and then when I click down on the to right hand corner to "Contacts" from "Address Book" I get a long message starting "The address list could not be displayed"

When I change from Mail to Contacts on the main page my Contacts Address Book is displayed OK.

2. What Have I done with my Messages setting? I have set up my default outgoing font as Blue 12 point Comic Sans MS. The problem is that a lot of my incoming messages are in the same font. I know that these contacts do not send them out in that font.

This is Office 3 Outlook,

Please note that these two problems do not appear on the other two PC's between which I swap the .pst file depending on my location.

Many thanks

BD

Wader2
4th Nov 2009, 14:12
I am guessing, but try TOOLS!OPTIONS!File Locations

To: and CC: may refer to addresses that you have previously used and not to the Address Book.

For the other issue look at Tools Options look at Mail Format - you may need to set HTML rather than Text as the format. Text is the prefered security option and html just looks pretty but is less secure.

beerdrinker
4th Nov 2009, 14:47
W2

I think that previously used addresses comes up if you type an Initial into the actual Address Line Space. The trouble is that previously used addresses are not stored in the .pst file but somewhere else so they are limited to the computer you are using.

I am actually on HTML and getting the font problem.

Thanks anyway

BD