PDA

View Full Version : RANT on a laptop..

Duchess_Driver
3rd Nov 2009, 22:36
Moved from a desktop to a laptop and re-installed RANT 2000.

When in practice, the bottom instrument (doesn't matter which format I select it to be displayed in) only displays the top half. Even changing the screen resolution in the Vista screen properties doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas.....???????

Yours

Frustrated of London.

Duchess_Driver
4th Nov 2009, 09:59
Thanks, I can now get to the OBS for the VOR, but then keep having to scroll to get to the a/c controls at the top. Still not displaying the complete 'instrument' window in one, and when I select 'View - Arrange Windows' it goes back to its original condition - i.e. not normal.

Am I missing something?

Feline
4th Nov 2009, 19:56
Suspect that your problem may be that the screen resolution on your laptop is less than that on your desktop -

Check by going to Control Panel -> Display -Settings (Oops! That's for WinXP so may be slightly different for Vista)

On my Desktop the Screen Resolution is set to 1920 X 1080 pixels; On my IBM X41 laptop it's set to 1024 X 768 pixels.

Depending on the display chipset on your laptop, you may squeeze slightly higher screen resolution, but everything on the screen will get a whole lot smaller.

But I'm afraid lower screen resolution is (generally) one of the sacrifices you make when you move from desk top to laptop ... Sorry!