PDA

View Full Version : Jet, Kingfisher ground over 100 pilots

flyjet787
3rd Nov 2009, 21:11
Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:25 IST

November seems to be a bad month for the pilots of Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines. While 25 expatriate pilots with Jet Airways have been asked to take leave without pay till the market conditions improve, 100 trainee pilots with Kingfisher Airlines are uncertain about their future as they were asked either to resign or go on leave without pay.

The work contracts of 25 Jet Airways expat pilots, which expired in October, have not been renewed by the airline. These pilots, who work on the fleet of Boeing 777s, have been shown the door by the airline. "Based on current requirement, we have offered 25 expat pilots the option of having a claim on employment, while being furloughed until further notice, in case the company requires their services at future date," said the spokesperson for Jet Airways.

On the other hand, around 100 trainee pilots who have been sitting idle at home and were being paid Rs20,000 salary per month, were asked to either resign or take leave without pay, by the airline. "On November 4, the airline has called us to opt for one of the options," said a pilot from Kingfisher Airlines.
When contacted, the spokesperson for Kingfisher said that they have cancelled the meeting to be held on November 4. "There is no such thing happening and the status-quo remains," he added.

Left Wing
4th Nov 2009, 02:15
Training to fly a desk (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/11/03/334222/training-to-fly-a-desk.html)

On Final
11th Nov 2009, 11:35
I was trying to get a job with Kingfisher when things were hot and heavy during the first quarter of 2008. It was the place to go but we all no aviation is hot and cold.

It is hard to tell the future but for now China is going strong. Many Captains needed here..!! If you are looking you may give it some thought.

I know that United Eagle just got a large investment of around 7 billion RMB, almost 1 billion USD and will need 150 pilots over the next 5 years. I heard 75 A320 pilots and 75 CRJ pilots.

Many Chinese airlines are hiring or getting ready to hire the pilot market is good.

Good Luck,

On Final