View Full Version : Etihad & 500 hr on type

born to suffer
3rd Nov 2009, 21:00
How serious is etihad airways about 500 hours on the aircraft type they fly

What about pilots with 1500 hours on 737NG or any other glass cockpit

Do they have a chance to get the job???

j32wreck
3rd Nov 2009, 21:10
There is no shortage of applicants with several thousand hours on type.

Nightfire
3rd Nov 2009, 22:55
Yup. Submit your application on the company's website and keep on updating it; they'll call you if/when they need you.

However, with your type of experience, it would probably be the A320 for you, and that is the only significantly growing fleet for which they plan to employ more pilots right now. In a way, you are therefore better off than some Captains looking for a 330- or 777-job.

How serious is etihad airways about 500 hours on the aircraft type they fly

They are very serious about it.

Depending on your personal circumstances of course, my advice to you would be to look for a A320-job first, and gain some hours for a year or so - which you'll have to wait anyway. Once Etihad begins to recruit larger numbers of pilots again, you'll then be ready for it.

I know nothing much about other companies, but another option for you might be to try places like Flydubai or Air Arabia. They operate 737's, and for that you are more qualified with your rating.

Severely Jetlagged
4th Nov 2009, 03:20
With 1500 hours B737NG you would only be considered for a non-rated B777 First Officer position. You will be rejected or not short-listed for A320/330/340 without Airbus experience.

500 hours on type is a minimum requirement.

If you applied now with that experience you'd probably not hear anything for a very long time.

born to suffer
4th Nov 2009, 11:11
thankx guys for your reply

Nightfire flydubai requirements is 2500 hours and between you and me I would prefer to work for a company that have several type of aircraft, so you will have the chance to fly a wide body aircraft.
At flydubai you will stuck in this type 4 the rest of your life:ugh::ugh:
and it is the same for airaraiba, and one more thing I believe air arabia only accept pilot with 800 hours on A320

Severely Jetlagged you said With 1500 hours B737NG you would only be considered for a non-rated B777 First Officer position

Do they have such a scheme?????