PDA

View Full Version : R44 where are you ?

1helicopterppl
3rd Nov 2009, 11:42
I am trying to find location of UK reg R44 c/n 12217, G-GERS, any help greatly appreciated & kept in strictest confidence.

somebody must fly this heli !

Captain-Random
3rd Nov 2009, 11:58
GINFO Database Search | Aircraft Register | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/ginfo)

Dantruck
3rd Nov 2009, 13:58
And who might you be sir? :suspect:

Strictest confidence, eh? :suspect:

Care to share why you might require said info...by PM or otherwise?

Dan

Runway101
4th Nov 2009, 05:36
when you enquire, you'll be asked to send a 10,000 USD holding deposit, BEFORE you get to go and see the aircraft.

Who in the right mind would do that, just to see a helicopter? I doubt that this scammer will be successful with his tactics. On the other hand, I never thought somebody would really send money to the Nigerian email scam artists...

toptobottom
4th Nov 2009, 08:44
I've read about this scam as well - unbelievably, a lot of people can't see beyond the end of their nose and will do this. Why on earth anyone would want to shell out 10k to view an aircraft is beyond me :ugh:. If there is a situation that requires an up front deposit with an unknown third party (not necessarily connected with aviation), you should always use a solicitor to set up a trust account or place the funds in escrow.

Big Ls - if a scammer could find out about PPruNe, set up an account and kick off this thread, surely they would have known (or could have easily found out) about G-INFO?

TTB

1helicopterppl
4th Nov 2009, 18:43
Dan,

Thanks for the reply.....

no scam, but it was an interesting point......made I'm sure with best intentions.

Confession......I am total heli anorak, PPL(H), & compile database of all UK heli's, photo collection etc never seen or reported your heli in UK, just wanted the info for my database, That's it !

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I caused alarm bells !! happy flying.:ok:

biggles99
4th Nov 2009, 20:16
Hallo TTB,

not for one nano-second did I think that the Threadstarter was the scammer, and obviously I was correct!

The scammer DOES know about G-INFO -- that's where he get the info (excuse the pun) to make up a similar email address to the real owner.

And, I'm sorry to tell you, the scammer is already one step ahead of you (TTB) when it comes to solicitors and escrow accounts.

The legal contract he sends out is very convincing, listing the solicitor's escrow bank account, and all sorts of safeguards to re-assure the poor duped potential buyer.

The whole thing is completely bogus.

As for those of you who are incredulous about people sending money to unknown third parties, it is by no means unusual.

I've sold 3 x R44s this year to people I'd never talked to, let alone met, and they all sent me holding deposits on "trust". This is because they are from abroad, and it really is a hassle to come here from the USA and other places just to see a helicopter.

The difference between these deals and the Scammers' is that I gave the purchaser plenty of contact names to cross reference my credentials and check out my reputation.

Oh --- in all cases they also received the helicopter they bought!

And on all three occasions they have been delighted with their purchase.

Big Ls.

toptobottom
4th Nov 2009, 20:47
All sound advice Big Ls!

I'd never use a third party's 'solicitor'/escrow arrangement for obvious reasons... The big difference between you and a scammer as you eloquently explain, is that you are an established dealer with a track record backed up with solid references and a reputation to protect - that's why prospects are prepared to 'buy blind'. I was referring to those who naively pay into an unverified account, without even the most basic due diligence. These people, I'm afraid to say, are asking for it.

TTB

Dantruck
5th Nov 2009, 07:40
Hola 1helicopterppl

An anorak, eh? Well, that's all right then. Not too many of those in Nigeria or elsewhere, I guess, so you must be a good 'un :ok:

I have passed your request, along with another seeking a photo, to the owner, as a courtesy you understand. I am merely an occasional driver of the beast. I'm sure he'll reply in time.

Bon Vuelo
Dan

1helicopterppl
5th Nov 2009, 09:46
Dan,

tvm, I look forward to pic & base info in anticipation.

btw there are anorak's in Nigeria, I'm scheduled to go there late Dec !