PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher and Indigo

CloudSailor
2nd Nov 2009, 18:03
Hello, wondering if anyone might be able to help.

I'm sure there's a lot of relevant information on this forum already regarding Kingfisher and Indigo, but would like an updated perspective.

I am writing to help a friend of mine hopefully find employment. My friend is an Indian citizen, with the right to work and live in the U.S. (where he is currently). He has 300hrs Total Time, with an FAA CFI, CFII and working on his MEI.

With his Indian citizenship does he have a chance at flying for Indigo or Kingfisher? Are they even hiring right now? What would be required?

I would really appreciate any info you have, specially if you're flying there now.

IndAir967
3rd Nov 2009, 01:54
Appreciate your concern for your friend..
Ask him to stay there and hit his ATPL (ATP in ur world)..
and then come to india and obtain an Indian ATPL..
Ensure he s got atleast 500 hours minimum on Twins of the total 1500.
Then he might stand a chance of being hired in india that too as an P2.
Bonne Landings :ok:

pilotara
3rd Nov 2009, 06:38
he needs to get the indian licence....they will not hire him based on the FAA...even though he is indian. once he gets his indian ATPL or CPL then he can apply to any indian airlineif i had the choice between indigo or kingfisher, i would choose indigo....good luck

sec 3
3rd Nov 2009, 13:31
Hey indair. What does bonne landings mean ?

CloudSailor
3rd Nov 2009, 15:26
Thank you guys so much for the quick response. To make sure I understand correctly:

There is no chance of getting an airline job in India (turboprops included) with less than 1500 hrs?

Are there any other jobs out there (cargo, charter, instructing) for someone in his position? Meaning, could he start working towards his Indian ATPL by building hours flying in India as a P2 on a BE-1900, Dash 8, Twin Otter, or something similar?

Thanks again for your time and help.

SuperflyTNT
5th Nov 2009, 06:30
Sound right, the advice that you have got.

But then again I have a question to ask, I might be wrong, please do correct me if I am. There are 3000 - 4000 CPL holders in India with the minimum requirements - around 200 to 250 hrs and an Indian CPL.

India doesn't have the resources for these guys to get a CFI rating and turn into instructors at flying schools and build their hours, nor is flying a hobby for anyone in India that they can sit along with them and build their hours. Most certainly knowing quite of few of the 3000-4000 odd unemployed pilots I can say this that, not everyone can afford to go to America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and invest more money to get a CFI rating and build hours.

To be honest and think about it practically, there isn't much that these guys can do to make their resume look good (building hours is what I'm trying to say). So airlines will have to employ them with the hours they have. But, you're right in a way by asking them to build their hours and try to stay ahead of the game or even right where the game is.

I like to be positive so I'm just saying that there is going to be some opportunity for CPL holders trying to get into airlines, maybe not in the near future but sometime next year.

Again, this is only my opinion and i'm open to thoughts to and against my post.

WOW99
5th Nov 2009, 11:11
The situation isnt like 1996 but far worse,3000-4000 cpl holders without jobs and i dont think more than 50-60 to get jobs by end of next year,fleet sizes are reducing,IAF should be where they should look for a job atleast their salary is quite good after pay revision plus they have heavy aircrafts to build hours.whilst i dont think the situation would improve much in next 2-3 years.

sunny441
5th Nov 2009, 12:51
Bonne LandingsBonjour
Bon Appetit
Bonne Landings...! :)

sec 3
5th Nov 2009, 19:21
The first 2 make sense. Tha last makes no sense at all. Trying to look smart, ends up looking like an idiot.

sunny441
6th Nov 2009, 01:20
The first 2 make sense. Tha last makes no sense at all. Trying to look smart, ends up looking like an idiot.

+1 :ok: couldn't agree more with you.