PDA

View Full Version : BA executive club points

smith
2nd Nov 2009, 09:08
I have about 25,000 BA exec points. I want to go to Miami, am I right in saying that if I book an economy ticket(world traveller) I can upgrade to premier economy (world traveller plus) with 25k points?(i.e 12,500 each way).

Also how what is availability for upgrades on WT+ am I likely to get one with my points on the dates I want?

Is another option to fly business one way and economy the other way with the points I have?

Thanks in advance.

simfly
2nd Nov 2009, 10:54
Phone the BA exec club and all your answers will be answered from those who know, you'll just get answers from those who think they know on here....

PAXboy
2nd Nov 2009, 11:18
The actual number of points needed is on the website and best to check in case it's changed. Availability is pot luck and you just have to ask them, only a certain number of seats are available for points on each flight. So, if WT+ has (say) 24 seats, they might only allow two or four to be used with points. If those places are already booked then the flight is effectively 'full' for you. Upgrading with points is the most cost effective use of them.

fincastle84
5th Nov 2009, 20:09
We use our points 2 or 3 times per annum to upgrade from WT+ to Club. That requires 50,000 points. However, there are only ever a few seats available & the same applies for Economy to WT+. Therefore, to ensure you receive the upgrade you need to book well in advance.

Capetonian
5th Nov 2009, 22:48
I recently checked across two routes and found that the price of the cheapest ticket in economy which can be upgraded using points is about £30 less than the price of the cheapest World Traveller Plus ticket. So all those points are worth £30.

fincastle84
6th Nov 2009, 12:13
That's correct. The best deal is to upgrade from WT+ to Club. We're doing that 23 Dec LHR-CPT & have saved over £4,500.:ok:

ExXB
6th Nov 2009, 17:38
Well done - but don't forget this thread. (http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/393821-urgent-help-needed-ppruners-ba59-lhr-cpt-28-10-09-a.html)

P.S. - Is this the right way to link to a post in another thread?

fincastle84
6th Nov 2009, 17:47
17 F & G. Your point?