PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain Air Compensation

NAY-VEE PILOT
1st Nov 2009, 17:06
Guys,(and gals)
Does anyone know what the salary and compensation package is offered by Bahrain Air?

40&80
2nd Nov 2009, 20:45
Yes...same compensation package as Gulf Air.
If you do not like it you can leave.

Mike.Park
2nd Nov 2009, 21:43
If you do not like it you can leave.

Warm and welcoming as ever...

wingmaaan
3rd Nov 2009, 12:25
Are they currently looking for pilots??

NAY-VEE PILOT
3rd Nov 2009, 15:22
40&80,
I am hoping to get on with Bahrain Air and could not find any information on the compensation package. I look forward to the possibility of working with professionals and in that light I would like to apologize for what ever I have done to offend you.
Cheers!

DU7532
3rd Nov 2009, 17:57
Is staff entitled to ZED fares on other carriers, do the have agreements with other major flag carrier, eg: GF, QR, EY, EK????

How is the remuneration package for a DEC? and are they still recruiting?

Would appreciate any information.

PS: I was not able to forward my email onto the pilotrecruitment email address, as on website, came back with 'unable to send to receipient'. Did anyone else experience the same lately?

Keep smiling, keep flying!!!:ok:

GSMini
3rd Nov 2009, 18:14
Same problem here with the e.mail

Byeeeeeeeee

Mephistopheles
6th Nov 2009, 14:38
Gentlemen unless your situation is very dire I would try elsewhere. The head of ops recently had to back track on his proposal to cut flightdeck salaries & his new cost cutting idea is to force crew to have unpaid leave. The management there actually(I can't believe I am writing this!) make GF managers look competant!

DU7532
3rd Dec 2009, 18:38
Can anyone Help!!!!

Is staff entitled to ZED fares on other carriers, do the have agreements with other major flag carrier, eg: GF, QR, EY, EK????

How is the remuneration package for a DEC? and are they still recruiting?

Would appreciate any information.

PS: I was not able to forward my email onto the pilotrecruitment email address, as on website, came back with 'unable to send to receipient'. Did anyone else experience the same lately?

Keep smiling, keep flying!!!:confused::ok:

jetjockey737
4th Dec 2009, 12:16

NOPE!!!!!

I heard off a friend that they get about 4500 bd max per month.

DU7532
5th Dec 2009, 00:26
Thanks for the info Jetjockey, but would also like to ask,

Would that be including all the 'perks'.
eg: Housing, transport, utilities, schooling etc...

Panama Jack
5th Dec 2009, 04:50
I would be cautious about going to Bahrain Air, unless you are already unemployed. Rumor has it has the Saudis who have been financing this venture are getting fed up and are not willing to put any more cash into a money-losing airline. Most of the planes are parked most hours of the day.

Bahrain Air may make history by being the First significant airline in the region to cease operations.

DU7532
5th Dec 2009, 09:59
WOW, thats a pretty strong statement, im suprised to hear that.
How reliable is your source of information/rumor.

Thanks Panama Jack:confused:

Panama Jack
5th Dec 2009, 13:40
For what it's worth, DU7532, it is just a rumor. I doubt you will hear much in the news in the way of press releases since it is not a publically-traded company and I am not sure where they get all of their financing from. However, Bahrain Air does have a lot of airplanes sitting around on remote ramps in Bahrain (poor utilization rate), which generally speaking is a bad practice in the airline business (they are not creating revenue and still costing big $$$) and I understand that loads are not impressive; higher load factors are generally essential for low-fare airlines. Here is a recent thread about them:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/392066-future-bahrain-air.html

Remember though, these are all rumors and I could be entirely wrong with my observations.

Duh
5th Dec 2009, 14:11
I fly there(BAH) at least once a week, sometimes twice.....three of their New Acft haven't moved one inch from their remote parking stand for at least 6 weeks possibly 10 weeks. They really have been sitting there it seems like forever. This is not a rumor or speculation.

captainspeed
6th Dec 2009, 09:56
The three parked a/c are belong for joint investment banking company from Kuwait , ask Bahrain air to operate on Africa behalf of them maybe med of 2010 Until they obtain thier AOC .

And right now Bahrain air are using their A/C for free , is that bad financing situation ? :cool:

ShinjukuHustler
6th Dec 2009, 10:13
I pass through there very regularly and there are always at least 3 and sometimes more aircraft there gathering dust. On the other thread someone suggested that these were earmarked for some Africa op but so far nothing.

Supposedly one of the BAH royal family is involved, not sure if he is major royal or micro royal but he is apparently getting upset at the complete lack of government support for his operation, they probably have more to worry about with all the drama going on at Gulf Air, who wants to pump money into 2 unprofitable companies?

It's also true about the unpaid leave and it's never good when that happens.

Hustle On :ok:

snk596
6th Dec 2009, 23:01
REPLY from BAH
Dear All ,
Congratulations , you have been selected to attend Bahrain Air Acceptance /
LPC-OPC check with our instructors in order to join our team .
Kindly find enclosed Bahrain Air contact for your information and thorough
reading , once you agree to the contract , Kindly to note the following :
• 1800 $ to be deposited in company account as security deposit to be
reimbursed after the completion of line check with Bahrain Air.
• The amount should be deposited 5 days before conducting the simulator .
• Sign the last page of the contract and send it back .
• Advice the availability for the Acceptance / LPC-OPC check.
• Acceptance / LPC-OPC check will be conducted in Amman at JATS simulator .
• You have to acknowledge & reply this email within 3 days or your
application will be Overlooked .

What do you think about this? I would really appreciate as many posts as possible?
Thanks.
I was overjoyed when I saw the subject of this email and after reading the whole email I am still scratching my head and very confused. This does not sound right. which airline in the world does this? What is the guarantee we will pass our sim ride? If we don't they retain our deposit. With just this I wonder what the pay package will be like?
Mmm!

40&80
7th Dec 2009, 00:37
At todays rate of exchange I read in the Times newspaper you could get laid approximately 21.8 times in DXB for this amount of cash.
Sadly this sounds to me like a scam designed for desperate pilots.
I smell a great big rat and wish you luck on this one.

Duh
7th Dec 2009, 03:10
Sure, do it. All the other kids in the desert buy there jobs too. :rolleyes:

desertopsguy
9th Dec 2009, 05:16
The bank account isn't in Lagos by any chance? :}

Mephistopheles
9th Dec 2009, 08:18
I would be very careful since they are now giving forced unpiad leaves & cabin crew have had their duty pay cut.

snk596
9th Dec 2009, 09:01
No the account is not in Lagos, It says clearly Bank of Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain with the swift code and account number. The email came from the address of Bahrain air.

ironbutt57
11th Dec 2009, 13:48
Saw no less than 4 Bahrain Air planes at BGW the other day one departed, the other 3 parked, what gives??:confused:

Panama Jack
11th Dec 2009, 14:29
Interesting rumor making the rounds is that Bahrain Air is trying to sell some of it's A320's to Gulf Air.

captainspeed
13th Dec 2009, 06:58
They Have Big Charter Operation To Bring 800 Passenger From Uganda To Bgw

Shaman
13th Dec 2009, 22:03
Sadly this sounds to me like a scam
I agree.

May I suggest that you 'phone up the airline using the telephone numbers readily available on their proper website and ask them to verify this requirement.

bluebirde2000
5th Jan 2010, 23:49
I have seen well experienced Senior Managers leaving the airline in its 1 year of operation due to ongoing politics and the interference of the MD in its Commercial day to day operations. In my opinion the senior management should be changed, specially the MD. I am really wondering where are the Board? After 2 years of operation it is well shown to all that he extremely failed to run the airline and he is totally wrong. Why they are not doing something. The airline is now running as a charter airline and not a low cost airline. He cancelled 60 flights in one month. His new Year Gift to his senior staff is a termination letter to 14 of them. Do not you guys forget that the MD was an Ex GF fired CEO. Instead of running the airline he is finding a way to lease or sell the aircraft's. He is living on the dream of taking over Gulf Air and being the national carrier of Bahrain.