PDA

View Full Version : iPhone and Windows Update

Keef
1st Nov 2009, 00:41
I've just finished installing the release version of Windows 7 on the laptop. All went well, everything working... with one exception.

The laptop is the "host" machine for my iPhone. I have a veritable wealth of apps on the iPhone, all downloaded from the App store. I also have loads of music.

I kept the Music folder from the previous install, and the iPhone's music collection is happily syncing with the laptop.

HOWEVER ... the iPhone apps aren't. iTunes warned me that if I synced apps, it would remove all the ones on there now.

So: how do I persuade iTunes to recognise the apps I downloaded (and paid for!) under the previous installation?

I've Googled a fair bit, and found nowt. I can't be the first person to come across this issue, even if I am the first to be threatened with removal of all apps.

Keef
1st Nov 2009, 08:23
If anyone else is in this situation, the answer is:

Start iTunes
Plug in the iPhone
Under "File" there is an item "Transfer Purchases from iPhone."

The entry only appears when the phone is there. You can look for a long time otherwise!

Background Noise
1st Nov 2009, 08:26
itunes remembers what you have previously purchased and lets you download it again free. Try it with one of your less expensive (but paid) apps - make sure you use the same log-in.

PS: :rolleyes: timing! - and your posting times - have you been up between posts sorting it out?:p

ford cortina
1st Nov 2009, 10:17
Keef, thanks for that mate. Been wondering how to do it. :ok::ok::ok:

Keef
1st Nov 2009, 15:39
Nope, I went to bed at 2:30 like I always do. Up at 8.30 to get ready for Kirk, popped in and there was a message from a very good friend with a suggestion...