PDA

View Full Version : Etihad F1 Flyby

Etihadghostrider
31st Oct 2009, 08:21
Duck your heads boys and girls. The three lowest time pilots in Etihad will be showing their dash and skill at the race day tomorow.

The PIC got less than 200 hrs last year.

Why don't they ever reward an experienced line guy with some fun?

Best of luck to Frank The Comb and Allie Iftar.

Firbolgs
31st Oct 2009, 12:17
Selection was based on the size of individual ego!

Ive got my crash helmet on :E

puppet-master
1st Nov 2009, 03:14
Gents it's just a simple fly by. No big deal. Actually pretty boring. Best view is still from the stand. Give us a break. Enjoy the F1.:ok:

S.F.L.Y
1st Nov 2009, 07:21
The three lowest time pilots in Etihad will be showing their dash and skill at the race day tomorow. The PIC got less than 200 hrs last year.

Why don't they ever reward an experienced line guy with some fun?

Because if the low timers can't fly they'll never become "experienced" old farts...

KRUGERFLAP
1st Nov 2009, 16:43
Man i rather enjoy my day off,than perform that HIGH PASS:},lol. Aircraft approaching for rwy 13R in the morning were lower :ok:than our fellow pilots viewing from Support Pit and South Grandstands.

atuk
2nd Nov 2009, 06:14
give the guy a break kruger..the "very low flyby" was impressive:}...he probably did a vor/dme with leveloff at mda+50...hahahahahaha:}:}:E:E

Icarus
2nd Nov 2009, 12:46
And I am guessing this all took place before the new 'Head of Emissions' has arrived?

Toubob
2nd Nov 2009, 13:10
Hey I think Frank and Allie did a good job. The 320 was a dissapointment.
Looked like AP1 did most of the work.

As to letting line pilots do the flyby's, hey If I was boss I would take the Jam jobs as well. If they want to spread the wealth let a line F/O be the gear puller at least.

Jumbo744
2nd Nov 2009, 15:45
I would have loved seeing that, any pictures available ?

left_to_first_class
2nd Nov 2009, 16:01
Just an observation (and nothing more :E).
Where was JH when they were handing out the awards to the drivers after the race? At GF he was there on the podium with his cheshire cat grin next to the sheiky!

Evanelpus
2nd Nov 2009, 16:10
Not to worry, Jake Humphreys from BBC Sport said it was a Jumbo jet!

Nightfire
2nd Nov 2009, 16:23
Not to worry, Jake Humphreys from BBC Sport said it was a Jumbo jet!

:D Must have been the same "expert" who announced that "an aircraft of Jumboline Airways" had crashed near Zurich, when he actually meant an AVRO (aka Jumbolino).

If it's bigger than "small", owned by an airline, and has no propellers, it's commonly known to be a "Jumbo Jet".

blaggerman
2nd Nov 2009, 17:48
Not to worry, Jake Humphreys from BBC Sport said it was a Jumbo jet!An Emirates Jumbo, no less.

Jumbo744
3rd Nov 2009, 05:52
beautiful, thanks for the pictures :ok:

Oceanic
4th Nov 2009, 09:36
Was watching the BBC in the UK, and had to laugh when it was referred to as the 'Emirates Jet', of the 'local airline'. :} Don't think the sponsors would be too impressed though

jaadu
4th Nov 2009, 16:24
I heard he said that in return for vip season ticket at the gunners!!!!:ok: