PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai Airlines

namrepus
30th Oct 2009, 12:03
Been searching this forum for any detailed info on Shanghai Airlines,but not much succes...

Anyone out there working for SA or have previous experience,who might spread some light on working conditions,the airline in general and if the salary offered is enough for a comfortable life in Shanghai and still put a bit aside?

My initial impression (on paper) is positive,but could use a first-hand view...

namrepus
2nd Nov 2009, 12:53
Alright,let try this another way...
Does anyone know ANYTHING about Shanghai Airlines or what it's like living in Shanghai,pls?

cptbb
26th May 2010, 12:44
BE FOREWARNED:

ADVICE TO SNOOPS, SPIES FOR THE AIRLINE AND AGENCY RECRUITERS-

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE REALITY CHECK OFFERED BY YOUR PILOTS AND DON'T LIKE TO HEAR YOUR PILOTS COMPLAIN, THEN CHANGE THE REALITY. STAND UP FOR THEM. STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHTEOUS. SAFETY IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO MOST PILOTS, INCLUDING COMPLIANCE WITH AIR LAWS, AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURERS, AIRCRAFT STATE OF MAINTENANCE, AND GETTING DECENT CREW REST . . . NOT MINIMAL CREW REST IN SOME FLEE-BAG HOTEL, WHERE YOU CAN'T GET A DECENT MEAL.

DON'T MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN'T BACK UP OR CAN'T KEEP! IF YOU OFFER SOMETHING TO LURE A PILOT TO SIGN A CONTRACT, THEN IT DAMN WELL SHOULD BE IN THE CONTRACT. NO CONTRACT GAMESMANSHIP, AFTER SIGNING!

If what I am saying or suggesting is full of crap, merely Google the name of any particular airline and see what comes up

Check out OTHER FORUMS on flying jobs in China. What is written about almost every airline in China IS NOT news.

AVIATION SAFETY MUST COME FIRST AND FOREMOST, everything else and anything less is bull****!

737XL Pilot
1st Jun 2010, 14:10
Thanks for the info abutler.

Just to confirm, do you get 7 consecutive days off every month or is that a lie?
I was planning on commuting, know its gonna be tough but I've done it before. Not from China though. Also I was told that you could allocate a couple of days from your annual leave with your 7 days, "roster permitting". Does that ever happen?

Which agencies are Shanghai Airlines using by the way?

Cheers and thanks for the info
:)

Whatsit Doingnow
2nd Jun 2010, 01:05
Also I was told that you could allocate a couple of days from your annual leave with your 7 days, "roster permitting". Does that ever happen?
Any time I see the words "roster permitting" or other similair cop-out clauses like "when practical" or "if possible" in an EBA or a contract it usually means in the western world it probably won't happen. However, as we are talking about a Chinese airline here, I'd say it's 100% certain that it won't happen.

cptbb
6th Jun 2010, 03:35
RE: Any time I see the words "roster permitting" or other similair cop-out clauses like "when practical" or "if possible" in an EBA or a contract it usually means in the western world it probably won't happen. However, as we are talking about a Chinese airline here, I'd say it's 100% certain that it won't happen.

:}:ok::}:ok::}:}:O

737XL Pilot
16th Jun 2010, 09:28
Thanks for the info guys.

The t&c I've been looking at includes annual leave plus the 7 consecutive days off but the story seems to be the same with every company in China. Fines and penalties for everything, from not wearing your hat to the FO making a heavy landing which, obvisously, you will be blamed for. It's just not worth it.

Cheers and fly safe