PDA

View Full Version : Your Bottle to Throttle Habit

IndAir967
30th Oct 2009, 11:28
Hey Folks,
Just wanted to get your opinion and suggestion on maintaining an healthy
drinking habit that pertains to Aviators esp. the ones flying in India..
Normally I keep a buffer time of 24 hours ;)
but once or twice it went down to 20 hours :rolleyes:
but never less than that..
Though the CARS state 12 hours in India ..
I love my profession way tooo much to take any kind of chance..
So thought i ll get ur opinion and also any valuable suggestions
and experiences from the same..
Bonne Landings !:ok:

P.S. Keep this thread informative and humourous and not a place to complain.. Appreciate it !:cool:

SHortshaft
30th Oct 2009, 12:24
Doesn’t CARS create a double-whammy? No drinking within 12 hours and no alcohol in the blood!

The rule that really upsets me the most is the rule against Psychoactive Drugs in the blood stream, which rules out Tea and chocolate as a pre-flight or in-flight refreshment.

LarryDCableGuy
1st Nov 2009, 01:21
"Legal to start legal to finish", so finish your drink. :}

itsbrokenagain
1st Nov 2009, 14:51
You can stop drinking 12hrs before but keep smoking that dope..... the land of no drugs tests remember!

maybe Indian airlines pilots should smoke some crack as they sure do always taxi slow dont they!

IndAir967
1st Nov 2009, 16:08
maybe Indian airlines pilots should smoke some crack as they sure do always taxi slow dont they!

lol.. we ensure that we dont show up on DFDR .. so <34 knots.. usually about 30 knots.. :cool:
btw i dont smoke :ok:

itsbrokenagain
2nd Nov 2009, 15:08
Huhhh so it doesnt show on the FDR ? They start recording as soon as oil pressure is sensed on a engine, or in other installations when power is applied to a certain bus... nothing to do with airspeed. I know some wont record airspeed until a set point ie 34kts... but it sure does record the rest.