PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Trip - Which Airline?

ulisesarcia
29th Oct 2009, 23:47
From the US to Japan, Economy class, what airline would you recommend and why....?

ANA
JAL
Continental
American?

I'm taking this trip and have enough time to shop for a good price but I have narrowed down to these four airlines.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

joniveson
30th Oct 2009, 10:19
I've never flown on American and haven't flown with Continental for years either but my recommendation would definitely be ANA. They are a great airline all round. I've never flown long haul with JAL but have taken several domestic trips with them and was never overly impressed.

As I said on another thread regarding ANA, their service is excellent, their food is good, their IFE is good, their planes are clean and tidy and relatively comfortable. And you can choose your seat at the time of booking on their website.

ulisesarcia
30th Oct 2009, 12:18
Everyone that I talk to seems to go for ANA. I guess that I will be spending some time trying to get the best fare out of them. They don't seem to change much or offer super special deals. Maybe I'm wrong.

joniveson
30th Oct 2009, 14:25
I've always booked directly with them on their website and found their prices to be good but I suppose it may depend on the exchange rates too as to whether they are good fares or not.

Eboy
1st Nov 2009, 20:54
ANA is probably the best in terms of service. Don't know about JAL, Continental, nor American. I have flown ANA and United between the US and Japan many times. United service is not as good, but I can get upgrades easier because of my miles. If one has to be in Economy for 13 hours, do it on ANA.