PDA

View Full Version : Tcx317k/l

champair79
28th Oct 2009, 19:53
Just wondering if someone can help me out.

I am looking to fly home from Izmir to the UK around Xmas-time.

I looked on the Adnan Menderes Airport website and it shows TCX317L departing to Birmingham at 02:15 in the morning. This flight would be ideal for me but when I look on the Thomas Cook website, I can't find the flight at all! Since there is a flight tonight, I am assuming that Thomas Cook are operating to Izmir during the winter period as well? Where is the flight on the internet.

Hope someone can help me sort it.

Regards,

Champ

P.S I flew TCX from Manchester in September, booking online on flythomascook.com was easy and the flight went perfectly, amazing crew that day :)

Thedonkeycentrehalf
29th Oct 2009, 13:43
This week is usually the last week of the Summer schedules for charter airlines so it might not be running through the winter.

Kestrel_Stu
29th Oct 2009, 16:13
Unfortunately the 317L was the last ADB-BHX flight of the season last night, we don't fly to ADB at all through the winter, only DLM runs year-round and only from LGW and MAN, not BHX.

Your best bet is probably BA to Gatwick which runs through the winter.

champair79
29th Oct 2009, 21:42
Thanks for the replies guys, that's cleared it up.

BA is useless really for me. It only runs on Saturdays and Sundays getting into Gatwick late-ish meaning that public transport will be at its worst. Also, Gatwick is probably the least ideal airport for me to get home as I live near Birmingham.

In the end, managed to get a cheap Pegasus flight to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen and then cheap Easyjet flight to Luton. In total, including the return flight, the 4 flights came to about £115 so I think that's pretty good. About the same price as I paid for Thomas Cook one-way to come over here. At least Luton is north London and not too far from Birmingham.

Regards,

Champ