PDA

View Full Version : Keeping an aircraft at YSBK

jjdnyc
28th Oct 2009, 18:39
I live in the US but am considering a return to Oz next year. I would like to bring my Cirrus SR22 with me. I have figured out the ferry and GST issues, but, I cannot get any color on what it will costs me to park the thing at Bankstown (I did my training there 15 year ago, but I gather a lot has changed and none of it for the cheaper!). The YSBK website is no help with this issue - there is some stuff there about rates per kg, but, can anyone give me an all in monthly estimate for keeping a lighty there?- and I am talking about just a tie down outside, not in a hangar which I imagine would be very, very expensive.

Thanks for any help.

Biggles_in_Oz
28th Oct 2009, 19:54
It's about AUD 13/MTOW tonne per day.

I budget AUD 500 per calendar month for parking a SE Piper on the grass.

golow
28th Oct 2009, 23:03
Just under $6000 a year for an Archer on the grass. Thinking I will move it to Cessnock or Bathurst. Could be cheaper to get a local to fly it to Bankstown from Bathurst then fly it myself and then get them to fly it back to Bathurst.
At my cost price for the aircraft (2 hours return) and pilot hire, it would save me thousands of dollars than having it parked at Bankstown.

VH-XXX
28th Oct 2009, 23:43
Anroaustralia, how much of that $2.3k is the airfield usage agreement? That's $44 a week and I can get a hangar there for a light single for $70 a week + the usage agreement, but not sure how much it is......

SydneyAeros
28th Oct 2009, 23:46
Try giving Ray Clamback a call - I'm sure you don't want a SR22 sitting outside all day. Clamback & Hennesey would be able to hangar a Cirrus no probs.

Clamback & Hennessy (http://www.clahen.com.au)

morno
29th Oct 2009, 04:05
What's happening with Clamback and Hennesey's hangar? Did they win their fight against BAL?

morno

boardpig
29th Oct 2009, 05:31
Anyone have an idea of costs at Camden? I'm sure there is no hanger space there now what with Hoxton gone. Then theres always Wedderburn further down the road.

Atlas Shrugged
29th Oct 2009, 05:47
Clamback & Hennesey would be able to hangar a Cirrus no probs.

Only if you want to put up with someone constantly banging on about how many King Air hours they've got :yuk:

sprocket check
29th Oct 2009, 09:36
If you choose to live in the south or west, then Wedderburn, Oaks, Camden, Bankstown in that order.

If you live in the centre, east or north then Somersby or Warnervale. With WVA possibly closing not a huge range of options. I have half a hangar reserved at Somersby at $60/week pending an aircraft purchase. Warnervale is around $1000/quarter in the hangar. Not sure of grass.

sc

Ultralights
29th Oct 2009, 10:22
i was paying $50 a month at Cessnock, including unlimited usage for 12 months. though it was for a single seat aircraft that parked neatly between and under the wings of 2 C182's

jjdnyc
29th Oct 2009, 15:48
Thanks guys. $500/ month to park on the grass - that is a scandal. By way of comparison, at the equivalent field in New York (KHPN), it is $250/ month to park on the apron, and they will tow the a/c out for you, pre heat the engine etc, plus they have a lounge, briefing computers etc (plus the field has two ILSs and two WAAS approaches).

Somersby or Warnervale won't work - too far and no instrument approach. I guess I will have to swallow the charges at BK but will reach out to C&H - tks for the tip.

capt787
30th Oct 2009, 00:13
how about ywol? would it be too far for you?

Ultralights
30th Oct 2009, 07:01
YWOL is full, i have been trying for 2 yrs now, YGLB is very empty and cgheap!