PDA

View Full Version : C206 Hire in Melbourne???

high_flyer72
28th Oct 2009, 09:45
Hi All

Long time reader first time poster so bare with me.

I am a low hour pilot (290 TT) with CIRME and realise the need to build hours before I am chance of getting a full time job. I am set on the parachute dropping avenue and looking to get the 10 hours on type required for these operations.

Talking to a few of the local operators and reading on here, it seems the C206 is the plane of choice for the operators down here in Melbourne. However I don't know where to get these hours from. It seems a bit like a vicious circle at the moment - need hours on type but only places with the 206 are the sky diving companies. And they need the plane on weekends for their operations.

So...does anybody know someone in Melbourne with a C206 for private hire? Or can you suggest another way I'm not thinking of to get the hours required.

Thanks in advance.
:ok:

MyNameIsIs
28th Oct 2009, 10:43
"And they need the plane on weekends for their operations."

"Or can you suggest another way............."

Can you get said plane on weekdays?

DH 200'
28th Oct 2009, 11:02
If you haven't already searched the CASA aircraft register, I suggest you try your luck and do so here (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/airsresults.asp?VHin=&framein=all&manuin=Cessna&modelin=206&regholdin=&regopin=&serialin=&num_results=50&Search=Search&session=758427027).