PDA

View Full Version : Indian Fokker 70 Operator?

yordenvdw
27th Oct 2009, 13:31
Came across a couple of vacancies listed on the Flightglobal site for F70 TRI/TREs, F/Os, and B1+B2 licenced engineers.
Granted, only the listing for the engineers mentions India, but seeing as they're all listed by the same recruitment agency, I'm assuming that its for the same operator.

Anyone with any info on who's operation this is? The airline is described as an established Asian airline for what thats worth. :hmm:

Cheers

bisonic
27th Oct 2009, 15:16
have a look on Aviationjobseach, there is also F70 captain& F/o announcement but it is for India , as far as I know there are no F70 operating in India, only F70 with Vietnam Airline in Asia.
may be a new company in this difficult period!!!!

draxis
28th Oct 2009, 19:21
This article came out in sept. 2006...
"Indian design engineering company Cades Digitech is discussing with Dutch firm Rekkof the possible re-start of Fokker 70 and 100 regional jet aircraft production in India.
....Established by Jaap Rosen Jacobson, the chairman of Belgian airline VLM, Rekkof bought production tooling for the Fokker 70 and 100 and over the years it has held talks with several other potential buyers, including those in China and South Korea. No deals were ever finalised, however."
Maybe something was finalised.:ok:
I'm looking into it...Yordenvw..Could you post the contact id which was mentioned in the flight global site?

bear11
29th Oct 2009, 11:18
Don't get too wound up about it, I think Bisonic is correct - there are 4 F70 operators, the only ones outside the EU are the "established Asian Airline" Vietnam airlines.