PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways Hiring for A320s In OZ (For Aussies only)

Cruiseclimb
26th Oct 2009, 20:54
Tiger Airways Australia - Based in Melbourne Tullamarine

PILOTS (Direct Entry Captains/First Officer)
Job ID: AFCC24 Applicants should possess the following attributes:

The right to live and work in Australia
ICAO/CASA recognized ATPL
Jet experienced, or more than 1000 hours on turboprop aircraft
More than 2000 hours total time
A320 rating, and experience, is a definite advantage however Tiger Airways does operate a self-sponsored training program for pilots not qualified on type How to apply:
Tiger Airways is interested in receiving applications from pilots for forthcoming vacancies on our A320 fleet. If you comply with the above requirements, and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to [email protected]. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.

Ndicho Moja
26th Oct 2009, 21:29
For Aussies Only! How do you arrive at that conclusion?

smiling monkey
26th Oct 2009, 23:29

PILOTS (Direct Entry Captains/First Officer)
Job ID: AFCC24 Applicants should possess the following attributes:

* The right to live and work in Australia

.. which usually limits it to Aussie citizens or PR holders.

oldhasbeen
27th Oct 2009, 01:29
Wadda they paying??

Cruiseclimb
27th Oct 2009, 03:22

I guess there's always one in every crowd.. Ok.. I guess if you have the right to live and work in Australia, then you can go play... forgive me.. :rolleyes:

Ndicho Moja
27th Oct 2009, 07:44
You are forgiven :)

I wondered if I would get a rise on that. Oh well.

Sunstar320
27th Oct 2009, 08:31
This job ad seems to be continually online anyway.

Cruiseclimb
14th Nov 2009, 00:41
Lucky man... I wish I had that problem. Had a couple of Aussy girls offer to make it easy for me, but I thought picking up a wife to get a flying job was a bit excessive. There are a couple of companies that specialize in walking you through the conversion tests. You can google it.

pacificgypsy
15th Nov 2009, 11:31
You could consider joining Tiger Singapore while you sort out your CASA licence then transfer bases to Australia.

pilot_007_2001
16th Nov 2009, 05:18
what is the e-mail id so send the resume...I have around 1800 hours as first officer on A-320 and have a right to work in OZ
Thanks everyone in anticipation

The Darkness
17th Nov 2009, 16:43
Not changing direction of the thread except this one update for starskate.

FAA ATPL to CASA = Commercial Air Law written exam, then ATPL Air Law written exam. Also need IREX written (Instrument Exam) and MECIR (Multi-engine Command Instrument Rating check flight).

I just went back to Australia last month and got this information from a flight instructor at my old airport.

Refer to casa.gov.au website for full information though. And Airservices online shop for appropriate texts (regs, etc)

Also, see the Aust./NZ forum and search for the conversion and there's several good posts with helpful information too.

I'm looking at doing exactly the same thing, so if you need to PM for any more information, maybe I can help???