PDA

View Full Version : FAA Instrument Instructor

ryancy
25th Oct 2009, 18:01
Hello PPRuNe,

finally the time has come to convert the FAA ME/IR to a JAA ME/IR, yet another great opportunity to redistribute the pesos of my house bank to boost the aviation industry :8

The bad news is having neglected the "Recency of Experience" for the FAA IR.
In order to begin the Conversion Course I will have to be Current.
The plan is to just fly the required 6 approaches and I shall be back on track to my elaborate scheme of making a most enviable, gloriousCareer in money making Aviation.

Now the question:
I would be thankful if anybody could help me out and point me to a FAA Instrument Instructor. Relatively close to Germany would be from benefit but not required.
Also, me being one of the 5 poorest Pilot Cadets in middle Europe,
I would like to fly the Approaches in a Simulator (FNPT).

Thank you for taking your time,

kindest regards,

Richard

chrisbl
25th Oct 2009, 19:48
Richard,

This seems a tall order.

Firstly finding an FAA approved Sim for knocking out some instrument approaches will be difficult unless you go to Flight Safety and then the cost could be eyewateringly large. -Not a low cost option.

The simplest route is to do the IPC where the CFII runs through a representative sample of tasks of the skills test. That could take about an hour an be a lot cheaper in the long run.

As to finding a CFII I suggest you go to the FAA website and see if you can search out someone in your area.

Search Airmen Certificate Information (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/interactive_airmen_inquiry/)

cypilot77
26th Oct 2009, 04:06
Hi,
assuming you dont need an IPC, then you dont even need an instructor for the 6 approaches. All you need is another FAA pilot to fly with you as a safety pilot and YOU shoot 6 approaches including holdings. It can not be on the sim though.