PDA

View Full Version : Moving PS Elements to new Lappy

621andy
24th Oct 2009, 12:31
How do I do this please:ugh:

I've copied the programme via a USB stick to my new lappy but can't get it to run. I'm no expert in these things and am a bit stuck:sad:

Basically, I can see all the individual files associated with Elemnets, but can't get them to run together to open everything in a useable form.

Help!

Ta muchly in adavnce!

green granite
24th Oct 2009, 12:42
You cant do that, you have to re-install it from the original disc. Or retrieve the serial number from the existing install and download Elements from the Adobe site, install it and paste your serial number into it.

621andy
24th Oct 2009, 12:46
Ah, therein lays the problem! I've turned the place upside down to try and find the bluddy thing but can't:*

Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking...

green granite
24th Oct 2009, 13:36
Are you sure it didn't come on another disc, it's sometimes bundled with camera software.

621andy
24th Oct 2009, 15:17
No, I bought it separately. I therew the box away the other week and put the CD somewhere 'safe':{

Still looking...

green granite
24th Oct 2009, 15:34
and put the CD somewhere 'safe'

I know the feeling well :(

jxc
24th Oct 2009, 15:50
Sorry to butt in but i have a similar problem I've got Microsoft flight sim FSX installed on pc but want to put it on to new laptop lost the disc is there a way of transferring it to the laptop ?

Cheers

green granite
24th Oct 2009, 17:03
If you can retrieve the serial number from the PC version then you can download it and install it on the laptop, but it will need to be the same version number.

621andy
26th Oct 2009, 21:38
Well the search was unsuccessful:{ So I've now got the latest 'Elements 8'

All well and good, but when I open a RAW file, the bottom of the page drops off the bottom of the screen (The screen is one of these widescreen jobbies).

The problem is that when I try and move the page up so that the buttons to close the window are visible, it springs back down again. Therefore the only way to close it is with the Task Manager:ugh:

I suspect this is an easy fix...but only if you know how:O

Thanks again in advance!

621andy
26th Oct 2009, 21:59
Ok, panic over:}

There's a tiny thingy to click on the top toolbar to toggle it between full-screen mode and 'normal'

Don't you just hate it when the programmers 'improve' things:oh: