PDA

View Full Version : Shell Aviation in the UK

nodrama
23rd Oct 2009, 08:45
Anybody know anything about a Shell operation setting up in the South of England for 2014.....14 aircraft apparently but types unknown?

Apply for the Safety & Environment Manager/ Aviation/ South West job posted by Austin Fraser, AviationJobSearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/quality_safety/south_east/safety_environment_manager_aviation_south_west-56405.html?search_no=3)

Variable Load
24th Oct 2009, 02:38
I don't think this has anything to do with Shell, other than the reference to the SMS standard that Shell have.

Also please note that Shell Aviation is the name given to the division of Shell that markets and sells aviation fuel. It has nothing to do with the aviation safety division of Shell which is known as Shell Aircraft.

Spanish Waltzer
24th Oct 2009, 09:30
Could this be part of the SAR-H development? I thought it was about this time that the preferred bidder was going to be announced?

SW

TwoStep
25th Oct 2009, 08:28
Timelines add up to SAR-H - but it can't be a bidder, it would very presumptuous to be recruiting unless one of them knows they've already won?

Curtis E Carr
25th Oct 2009, 08:47
Is this likely to have anything to do with helicopters. I only ask because there is no mention of hels in the job description. Indeed, in paragraph 3, reference is made to EU OPs 1 i.e aeroplanes.

databoy
25th Oct 2009, 17:07
The UK MOD air to air flight refeulling contract is for 14 aircraft, Shell might supply the jet fuel but I doubt they plan to bid for it ?