PDA

View Full Version : The Next Generation - Ring a Bell.

Ned-Air2Air
23rd Oct 2009, 04:10
How many of you does this type of image bring back memories for. Sitting in the front of a helicopter imagining what the future holds :ok:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/KiwiNed/Civil%20Thread%20Images/61.jpg

Friendly Black Dog
23rd Oct 2009, 06:40
I was there yesterday, 'cept I was wondering what that button did?:ok:

Still don't know.

FBD

kevin_mayes
23rd Oct 2009, 06:58
Is that a video image on the screen, whats that all about then...?

I once flew a long ranger G-MAAX, on the top of the console there was a small button labeled "do not use" always wanted to press it....

Doors Off
23rd Oct 2009, 12:24
He is not imagining. He is thinking, "Why did those Muppets screw it again? I told them on the left hand side of the panel....jeeeez, I will have to do it myself":}

paco
23rd Oct 2009, 14:04
He's probably waiting for the commercials

Phil

Brilliant Stuff
23rd Oct 2009, 15:35
Looks like the stop watch is still running.:}

I would have thought a nice PFD and ND would shrink that panel right down.

206Fan
23rd Oct 2009, 20:55
EC130 if im correct?

EBCAU
23rd Oct 2009, 23:15
It's obvious he's not interested in the helicopter at all. He's just bored waiting and is watching the TV in front of him and draining the battery.

topendtorque
25th Oct 2009, 13:21
Good one Ned.
Reminds me of a young fella, now a fine stripling of a lad, not far from here.
I was doing a mustering job, which was to be followed by a gathering of sorts.
Present were a few new to the game wanting to learn and their children, instant followers two of them were.

No matter to them while waiting for the action just where the cattle had to proceed they laid in wait with their toy Wyatt Earp specials out of sight of me or their parents.
Me, I couldnt fathom how come these cattle all of a sudden took on the appearance of ghosts they had seen, eyes rolled back, tails over their heads, legs stretched right out, cloud of dust behind, what a turnout.

That was sorted just before the fuel exhausted, and as i gave the last double half suck back and corralled the lot i turned and dived at my salvation, the fuel behind the shrubbery.

It turns out that another little girl, who was watching the lot was sure I had been shot down by these two young cowboys. poor little dear, she sobbed for quite a while.

Now later they wished to be shown the workings of the flying machine, "sure", I says. To their fathers they said, a little later, 'yer know what? he showed us everything about 'em 'cept how to start 'em."

The fathers were quite happy to shout me a beer.

Neither of them are yet of an age to agitate the air, but by gees one of them is keen. Guess I'll have to show him a bit more one day soon.
cheers tet