PDA

View Full Version : Tamanrasset

peterc
21st Oct 2009, 15:12
Anyone got any contacts for DGCAM in Algiers , or any experience at operating from Tamanrasset.

PC

Cave Troll
21st Oct 2009, 16:16
I was there a couple of years ago. Don't have any specs on the place but it is a military airfield as well as civil so get all the permissions and clearances before you go near the place. They used to {not sure if they still do} operate military hercs, 1900's and Migs out of there. Don't take you your camera out either. Otherwise from what I remember it is a good runway. Nice and long and in good nick.

ct

JABAG
21st Oct 2009, 18:55
Its been a while but I have operated a few tech stops through there.
Keep it simple.
Make sure you have overflight and landing clearance.
They are used to handling aircraft for tech stops.
Have your dollars to pay for landing clearance and fuel.

be carefull f the temperature, it gets quite hot after noon. Aircraft performamce.

JABAG

172driver
24th Oct 2009, 09:11
I know a French guy who has organized some 'raids' there with a bunch of other French pilots. PM me if you want his details, he definitely knows how to get the various clearances.

rspheiff
25th Oct 2009, 17:42
No brob. been there 4 months ago for teck stop. fuel is cheep and landing fees not that bad. :ok:

CR2
25th Oct 2009, 21:34
I'm curious too now. I spent hours trying to get ground handling info on them end of last year. Via DGAC etc. Nada, nix, even in French. :uhoh: